Chapter 15

“Come one we’ll be late!” A little boy told his mother and tugged slightly at her sleeve.
”I know, I know honey. We can't be late for our dear king's great announcement.” His mother told him as they rushed to the centre of the capital. The weather was bright this morning, so it was no surprise to anyone in the capital that the king had a huge announcement.
All the civilians who lived inside the capital were told by their king to gather in the castle courtyard for an important announcement. One that may change the course of everything.
The day was perfect and the suns would be aligned at noon, only half an hour away. The king still had time. Time to make whatever he was saying important, make it matter to his people.
“My dear people.” The king on his balcony, overlooking all who came to hear what he was to say. Everyone was eager to hear what their beloved king had to say on the matter.
“I have gathered all of you here to let you know of some news.” The king put his hand on the edge of his balcony, then helped himself up so he was now standing on top of the ledge. 
“As you know, I only have one child so she must marry and have little young ones of her own.” The king hollered to his subjects, they cheered in response to him bringing up their princess having kids someday. In the capital, and the rest of the country, having kids is expected and is something everyone looks forward to. Kids are very important, the population is good but a long time ago it wasn't.
“She has told me that she plans to have many kids in her future as.. King of our great country!” The king exclaimed, excited and happy screams roared throughout the crowd. The king was quite pleased by this reaction. He knew that once he retired that he’d be missed, but his people would be as happy as they were with him as they would be with his daughter in charge. 
The king quickly glanced at the sky and smiled brightly, the time to act would almost be upon him. “My good people! Your future king, my daughter, will be joining you shortly.” The crowd looked so excited to finally meet their future ruler.
“My people, a passing by of the suns shall be upon us all soon enough.” The king bellowed to his subjects. They all roared cheerfully and excitedly in response. 
Time. I just need more time. 
An idea struck the king across the brain and he smiled brightly. “Behind you all, you will see a beautiful festival to honor the new crowning king of Zorganil!” The king raised his glass to his people and to his daughter. The people raised their pinky fingers in response and shouted to the king, “Zorganil!” 
Each person could be seen enjoying the grand and glorious festival that has been presented to them. Carnival rides and fun games were all around the festival. History lessons taught as puppet shows were also displayed too, the children learned lots and had fun doing it. 
The parents could drink a lot of aile and eat some traditional festival food that is eaten in Zorganil. Such as minced dragon throat, and dried sproap fruit, and smoked goblin ears dipped in the zest of fairy dust. All of the dishes are safe for folks of all ages to enjoy. So once the children were done their games and having their fun, they would go join their parents for a lovely feist. 
This festival in particular had two things it was celebrating; the crowning of the new king and the sun's dance. Both were very important in the culture of Zorganil. The sun's dance represents a new era in the kingdom, and to have it fall on the same day as the king's coronation. 
This new king was bound to bring her people lots of luck during her rule. Everyone in the kingdom was sure of it. They couldn't stop talking about how much of an impact this new king could have on crop growth, the value of their country and their dollar could grow exponentially and the capital could become the new epicentre for traders and merchants. It's already a pretty popular place amongst many sellers but it's not the first place they try to sell their goods at. 
Most sellers, merchants and traders go to the money centre of the country. Not the capital, but the bustling city of Randonin. There anything could be sold, and the people all vote on the prices at the pricing hall. Famous for how one vote can make anything worth millions of dollars or only a few dollars. Anyone can become anything, whether it's a first time seller or someone who's sold there for millennia. All are treated the same, thus all given the same chances to have an expensive product. This rule makes those who've come back to the pricing hall multiple times with different items have a large array of prices. 
“Leaving so soon doll?“ he grabs the fairy girl's wrist, and uses his cigarette to motion towards the betting table that she's walking away from. 
“I am. These bets you're making are stupidly absurd. I will not be apart if this any longer, as  you are lucky charm or otherwise!“ Her objection made him mad. He squeezed her wrist tighter and pulled her in closer. 
“You sure you won't be staying with us, doll? Don't want to upset the dice, now do we?“ He kissed her ear lobe, making her teeth grind. She stiffened her body as a natural reaction to his bullying. 
No. Why should I cower to such an insignificant man such as this? This is stupidly pathetic.
“Get your slimy hands off of me, you creatine. I told you that I shall not be playing anymore rounds, get that through your thick skull.” She slapped his hand away and walked out of the casino. She stepped outside and got in her carriage. The foolish man came running out of the casino doors after her.
“Wait! Wait, miss!” She rolled her eyes then pulled back the curtain. 
“What is it now? Have you come to bore me with your createnis way?” He shook his head, then caught his breath. He held his hands up to the window of the carriage then bowed down to her.
“That's more like it. I’m a princess, bowing down to me should be your first instinct.” She grabbed his hands then spoke to him softly and kindly, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry you have to go through so much, but I must be off now. Please stop with the gambling. I don't know you, but I do know that your family and friends need you.” She looked at him, at his sad and tired face. He looked like a little boy who just wanted to go home. Back to his family, and back to himself. Tears formed in his eyes and he looked at her like she was his saviour. 
“Thank you, your highness.” He dropped his hands to his side and looked around like he had just been woken up from a long and horrible nightmare. He tightened his grip on the bag of coins he held in his hand. A revelation formed in his eyes and he looked changed. He looked different. 
The horses started their leave and the princess Mornna journeyed home with her report in hand. 
“People! Keep enjoying the rides that are offered to you on this glorious day, to celebrate your new king!” The king smiled at his people then went behind the curtains. He now sported an anxious look on his face. 
Time is running out. I don't have anything else to stall with.
“Algelga! Where is she!?” Lady Algelga came rushing into the room. A clipboard in one hand, a wand in the other. Her face also had a similar panicked look. 
“Yes, yes sire I’m here.” the king stopped pacing, sighed and looked at Lady Algelga with a perplexed look on her face.  
“I don't care where you are, right now what's of the utmost importance is the whereabouts of my dear daughter! Now where is she!?” Lady Algelga waved her wand at her clipboard frantically.
“She’s on her way, your majesty. She’ll be here in 2 minutes, if the paths are clear.” The king looked angrily at Lady Algelga when she spoke her reply.
“If the paths are clear? If the paths are clear!? I don't care how many other carriages are on the bloody path! Get my daughter here immediately, even if you have to fly her here!” Lady Algelga nodded then swiftly left the room to make that happen. The king sighed and looked out the window that had a marvelous view of the fair.
“I just hope everything works out okay. I just hope you come on time.” A knock came at the door, and a guard walked in.
“Your highness, She has arrived.” The king jumped up from his chair where he had been sadly slumped and happily went to go greet his daughter. 
The princess got ready quickly, then got out of the carriage.
“Father! It’s so lovely to see you!” The two shared a hug briefly then continued on with their coronation plans. 
“My dear, what took you? Have you gotten the report like I had asked of you?” The king asked Mornna worriedly.
“Father, father. It's all right, there was just some really clingy man I had to get through but other than that yes I've secured the report for you.” She gave him a reassuring glance then continued looking ahead of her.
Lady Algelga looked pleased. She pulled the curtain of the balcony then announced, “Your majesties, it is time.”