Chapter 8

Julius walks home from a long and tiring day at work. Plowing fields, giving the locals wheat and selling his customers potions to help grow their plants. His work is very vigorous and seemingly never ending, but in the end, to Julius, it's all made worth it to see the people he helps smile and become cheerful.
The pay may be not as good as some of the other jobs I was offered, but I like the job I chose better than the one at the solar mine, or the butchers, or at the healers, or at the dust collectors office. Any of those would have tired me out and would've been so boring.
The only things left on his to do list were; seeing Aine, saying hi to his mother, and sleeping. Julius and Antonio haven't been on a talking basis lately so he doesn't feel the need to see or to even talk to his brother. The way he treats Aine, the way he treats his mom, are two things he can't stand. Julius doesn't care how he's treated, but as soon as someone he loves is on the line; he would sacrifice himself for their sake everytime.
He kept pulling his cart as he saw the bridge which lay beyond the outskirts of his small town. He could see the house, the healers building, the entrance to the mines, the large forest, the park his mother took him and his brother to. All of it. This is his favourite place. Well it's the only place he's ever known.
The trees beside him crouched over the path giving shade to the flattened grass and walked upon dirt that Julius was using as a path. He always hated the woods, it creeped him out. When he and Antonio were very little, Antonio played many pranks on him in the woods. Those pranks gave birth to anerational fear of the woods. Julius knows no one is there to try and kill him or something but he can't help but fear that that might happen.
He makes his cart go slightly faster. The faster he goes, the less time he has to spend in this thick wood. He takes his cart on a bridge then under a large fallen tree that was tall and far from the ground, where he was, then out of the woods.
He stopped at a clearing inside the woods. The sunlight shone upon his cart, illuminating him in the afternoon glow. The clouds look very anxious today. It didn't look like it was going to rain but still the sky had this scared rage to it, that made looking at the sky an emotional and anxious ordeal.
A bird flew down onto a rock near Julius, it was blue and had a large tail with a single feather in it that was longer than the other tail feathers. It was blue everywhere except his head. Its head was white everywhere except around its eyes, which was the same blue as its boy. On its body sat three magnificent blue feathers with a snow white eye. It had another feather that was snow white with a blue eye at the top of it matching its tail feathers. Its eyes were white like its accent feather with no pupil visible.
Julius felt as though the bird had its eyes on him. The bird turned its face to look directly at Julius, then it opened a third eye which sat in between and above its other two eyes. This one had no pupil visible in it either.
The bird jumped from its rock where it was perched and started to hop towards Julius. He continued to gaze at all of its beauty. He felt that this bird and him had some sort of otherworldly connection. This bird has seen things that if he had seen it he wouldn't be able to comprehend it. Like if he had even the slightest glimpse into the consciousness of this gorgeous bird, his mind would die with him.
The bird looked into Julius' soul and touched. The bird held his small soul in the palm of his ginormous hand and let it sit there. In its almighty glory, to Julius he the birds were almost the same.
Though their life experiences differed greatly, he still felt very akin with this bird. Like they're cut from the cloth, like they come from the same dough. He feels as thought their fundamentals are almost exactly the same.
The eye contact he maintained with the bird lasted so long that the sky around him grew to be dark. Solaria was nowhere in sight, and Milodon was setting down over the horizon. Julius soon snapped back to reality, and the bird flew off.
He watched it leave and quickly carried on traveling. Traveling back to the town where his brother sat crying in an alleyway. Where his brother regretted his entire existence.