Chapter 5

2 weeks earlier..
As Antonio crossed the street, everywhere he went he heard whispers which stopped whenever he got close. Like there was something within his grasp that he could simply not reach. This made him quite temperous. He hated being the last to know anything, especially if his entire town knows before he does. To him, it doesn't feel fair in the slightest. 
He went over to the corn stand, he usually bought corn for his family to eat from. The seller, who normally was so kind and nice to him, seemed scared and standoff-ish in the presence of Antonio and talked to him like he was about to explode. But as Antonio was waiting for his order to be put through and to get the corn he played with, the seller talked to all the other customers way better and way kinder than the way he had talked to Antonio a minute ago. This made Antonio not just mad but extremely confused. 
Why am I being treated like this? I guess it must be an off day for everyone, including the seller, but I was just unaware. I hate not knowing. I feel pissed now. Why didn't anyone tell me? 
The more he thought about the behaviour of the corn seller and of the whispering villagers, the more his head was filled with little questions that ate away at his sanity until he was so angry he couldn't even think of any logical reason as to why these people would act this way. Antonio was so nice, a great guy, with perfect grades, perfect friends, perfect family, perfect hair, perfect voice. He was perfect, perfect, perfect. Perfect. 
Maybe I’m not so perfect because this is so not how they would treat a perfect person. I’m perfect. I have to be. If I’m not perfect then I’m- I’m.. 
Antonio was having a difficult time thinking. His head was on backwards it felt like. He got so caught up in his head that he didn't even realize that his corn had been ready for the past ten minutes.
He finally snapped back to reality, Antonio grabbed his corn and while he’s an anxious mess he goes home. He feels defeated. He feels weak, powerless. Not perfect. He gets angrier and angrier just thinking about how not perfect he could be at this moment. 
When he gets home, he puts the corn in the kitchen and searches for someone, anyone. Anyone to take his anger out on. 
Aine. Aine, yes Aine. She IS the answer to all of my problems today. I need to just- 
Antonio sees her leave the bathroom and head towards his room. Antonio stops in his tracks for a moment. He feels his face form a smile, and he laughs at himself for a bit at the thoughts he has on the many, many ways he can take his anger out on Aine. 
She is JUST what I’ve been needing this morning, everything else has been going wrong. If this goes wrong, then I might just- I might just- He might just kill everyone.
“This will be fun.” he says under his breath, while keeping a wide grin on his face.
Antonio continues moving, a big gleeful grin on his face as he marches up the small flight of stairs to where the bedrooms are nestled. Antonio stomps his way towards his bedroom. He stops in tracks when he gets to his bedroom door, puts his left ear against the wood and listens closely. The house is dead silent, except for Antonio's footsteps. He listens to Aine in his room, she’s humming a sweet tune. Antonio puts his hand on the door knob, he slowly starts to twist it. His smile never fading from his face. 
When the door to his room is finally opened, Aine is sitting on Antonios bed looking out his window humming to herself a sweet tune. Aine takes a moment to finally register that Antonio is in the doorway, with the look on his face, when she does she smiles at him genuinely and says to him, “Welcome home honey.” 
He shuts the door behind him and locks it. He walks closer to Aine and whispers to her when he’s close enough so only she’ll hear his next few words, “Aine, my future bride. I’m feeling a bit-'' He pauses and grabs her face so she looks him in the eyes then continues 
“I’m feeling a bit angry, can you help me relieve some of it.” Aine smiles at him and replies almost instantly with, “Of course, husband.” She keeps smiling, but a terrified tear runs down her cheek. Antonio raises his hand. 
Terrified and hurt screams echo around the hallways of the house.