Prologue

Once there sat a country, ruled by a mighty king Westley. He had two sons. These two sons were close, like best friends. As they grew older, they also grew apart. Their interests divided them. The older brother seeked peace between the neighboring nations, prosperity for his country, and love for all his people and all he came across. The younger one however, seeked power for himself, to get revenge against his enemies, and the throne all to himself no matter how many of his own people die.
King Westley knew of his youngest sons evil thirst for power, and decided to ask his wise advisor what he should do.
After they spoke, King Westley knew what had to be done. He was worried about the after effects this would have on his son's, but the future of all his people and his kingdom is far more important in the long run to him.

Even if that meant possibly giving up my beloved country to my brother.
"No I can't. I mustn't.. but if anything were to happen to my sons then.."

The door to his chambers bursted open, startling the King.
"My apologies your majesty, but they're here." The guard announced to the king. He stood up from his seat and walked out of the room, looking solemnly at where he was sitting.

I'm not even sure if I want to go through with this anymore..

"Father? Why did you summon us here so hastly?" The eldest asked. The king shook his head and sat on his throne. He looked both of his sons in their eyes, worry and sadness can be seen in both sets of eyes.

"My darling children. I've decided who shall be my successor." Both boys looked happy at their fathers news.
"I've decided my successor to be," the king held his breath, then let it go.

I can't keep this in much longer.

He pointed to his eldest son and spoke confidently to him, "Son, you shall be the successor to the throne. You shall be the king of our great nation, of our great kingdom. You shall be a great king."

The youngest son looked in shock at what his father had said. He couldn't show it unfortunately. He had to keep his composure. Inside however, he was throwing a fit. A tantrum. He was yelling, kicking, screaming, crying, punching the air and his broth-

"Son?" The king looked concerned at his youngest, who had been spaced out.
"Father?" He looked his father in the eyes, rage filling them rapidly.

Years go by after the coronation of the new king, and the start of a new era for the kingdom begins. This new era starts not with two happy brothers who love each other, but of one happy brother who loves the other brother. The other brother, however, wishes his older brother dead.

The younger brothers feelings are left to fester inside him for years, without anyone noticing. Eventually, the younger brother grows bored of life in his childhood castle and moves somewhere outside the country.

The younger brother moves to the neighboring lands. The lands he soon conquers and rules over. The lands where he lives and hates all humans. He takes away their rights, and turns them all to slaves. He soon becomes the fairy dictator.

The older fairy brother soon grows a fear of his brother and his pressuring demands to let him visit. The older one knows that the younger one only wants to get in so he can kill his brother and take over. He starts to live in fear of who his brother has become.

Years later, the new king has an adorable baby girl. The kingdom rejoices, a baby is born to the crown. The king, however, is worried about the future of his lineage. Be can't let his dictator of a brother get the crown because his daughter fails to have kids. He can't.
So he tries to met her date, but grows fearful of the men she brings home to be spies of his brother. So he stops his daughter from dating. Eventually she becomes of age to rule, and the king's anxiety about ruling grows worse. He realizes that in order to not pass the crown, and his whole kingdom, into the hands of his brother he must let his daughter find romance.
The king decides that the best way for this to be done is by finding the best man in the whole kingdom for her. The king puts his brilliant plan into action and sends many of his guards to look for the best man, but the search takes forever and the day of coronation isn't coming any slower. So the king must think quickly of what to do next.

So he decides to host a tournament of skills.