Chapter 2

“Miss? Miss?! MISS!?” Aine heard yelling which awoke her from her dream. “Sorry, what was it?” Aine questioned. The woman from earlier spoke a lot quieter.
“He’s ready to go home now, whatever it was that injured him like that was really close to killing him. If you hadn’t found him he probably would’ve been dead.” Aine felt a wave of panic drown her mind as she remembered what had happened that day. 
“How is he now?” Aines lungs felt heavy as though they were made up of complete rock. 
“He’s fine, but when I asked him what had happened he said to ask you because he cannot remember.” 
“NO! STOP!” I heard from my yard, when I looked in the field I saw two boys, so I went to go join them. As I came closer though I heard,  “Please stop, that was a gift from our dad!” a smaller voice screamed. “I won’t rip this mouldy thing.” a deeper voice spoke and I recognized it instantly. Antonio. *thump* 
“haha sike.” He spoke again, this time with more bad than good in his tone. At that moment I knew what I had to do. 
‘NOOO!!’ Aines own voice rang in her head. 
“Uh, I’m not really sure what happened either I was just on a walk when I heard- saw SAW,” Aine paused, then continued in a weaker voice, “I- I saw him just lying there in the grass. Nothing else.” 
“Hun, are you sure?'' The woman from the front desk put her gloved hand onto Aine’s lap and looked at her head which was looking at the ground. Small water droplets fell onto the woman's hand. Even as many of them fell onto her hand the woman didn’t flinch, she didn’t even move. She kept her gaze focused heavily on Aine, she was noting everything Aine said, did, and even Aines every movement. Aine was confused as to why she suddenly started to cry. She didn’t feel any sadness, just fear. All fear. Fear as to whether or not Julius would be alright. Fear as to why Antonio did what he had done. And fear, for what may happen to him when everyone finds out he’s a bloodthirsty monster. Aine will marry this bloodthirsty monster. 
“YES!” Aine needed to control her emotions, she cannot keep yelling in here. She has to stay in control. She cleared her throat and started her sentence over once more. 
“Ahem I- I mean, yes. I’m sure. Nothing else had happened. No one else was around. It was just him lying on the ground unconscious. Just Julius.” Aine silently held her breath waiting for the woman's response to her blatant lie. 
“Very well then, if you will follow me. Your friend is right this way.” The woman smiled at Aine, she responded to the lie with a still calm and warming tone. The woman gestured to Aine, for her to grab her hand. Aine did so and was helped up out of her chair and led towards the room that held Julius. 
Julius’ head and memory all felt very groggy and fuzzy. He can’t remember much but the healer told him he’ll regain his memories after he’s taken the vial of antidote. If he didn’t take the antidote, the chance of his memories of the event coming back to him naturally is less. He’s always been a very tough and resilient boy, so he had no need to visit a healer. This was his first time, both almost reaching the grasps of death and being at a healers office. 
The liquid in the vial was purple and the texture looked like that of a velvet silk. It glittered in the rays of sun that peeked out from behind the curtains that covered the window. The afternoon was clear. Of course there were one or two clouds but none of the clouds were big enough for the suns to hide behind. So this day hadn’t been the shadiest one. 
The breeze danced with the curtains and played tussle with the flowers in pots that were sprinkled on shelves, window sills, on the floor, and which hung from the ceiling of his hospital room. The room looked quite cheery despite what might occur within the walls of this building. The wind smelled nice and sweet, it was nice that there was no bloody scent in the air. That would’ve reminded him of the pain he felt, which would only sadden Julius more. The stone that lay along the floor looked nicely polished, very well cared for and most importantly; clean.