Chapter 14

"Y-You're going out now?" Your mother stammered as she saw you walk past the kitchen. After the exams, you decided to stay in your room and sulk. For a week. It wasn't the best of moves but what else could you do? Besides, since you participated in the exams, the school gave you some time off.

Nineteen points. That wasn't going to get you anywhere.

Midoriya and yourself talked on the phone every day but judging by the tone of his voice, he hadn't done too hot either. And according to him, he hadn't left his house as well. Maybe it was another thing you had in common.

"No. I'm checking the mailbox. Didn't you have a package coming today?" You mumbled, trudging towards the door. Your mother was still watching you leave the house, nodding her head.

Without answering, you opened the front door and slowly walked over to the mailbox. While you were doing that, you start thinking once again. You hadn't been to Zariya since you started your isolation period.

You missed it, that was correct. But you couldn't face Erkin and Pheonix after how much they helped you. After they both put time. and effort into training you. Why couldn't they see it was useless? You knew you failed. Nineteen points weren't going to get you into the top hero school. Maybe if you put more effort in, you could've racked up more points. Maybe if you pushed yourself other than training in Zariya, you could've racked up more points. What kind of Queen would you be if you couldn't even-

"Shut up." You whispered as you approached the mailbox. You didn't feel excitement when you opened the mailbox. You felt dread. When you opened the box, it wasn't a package sitting in there. Instead, there were two letters. One addressed to you and another to Katana. And they were from U.A.

You felt your heart rate slow as you walked back to your house. Why? Why did they have to send you a letter to tell you that you failed? Wasnt you knowing your failure enough? You entered your house again and threw Katana's letter on the counter.

"Give that to her when she gets back."

You trudged up the stairs, mentally preparing yourself for the rejection. Katana got in, that was a fact. She had your father in her corner and got in by recommendations. You had none of your parent's support, making yourself having to turn to others.

When you were about to sit down o your bed and open it, something inside you told you not to do it here. You grabbed the letter and tucked it into your pocket. Reaching across the bed, you snatched a certain key and ran to your door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You ran through the halls of the palace, barefoot and hair out of your usual style. If there hadn't been public information about you, people would've thought you were a burglar. It also didn't help it was around midnight, so you looked even more suspicious. Guards throughout the palace asked if everything was alright but you only gave them a wave, ignoring the questions.

'C'mon where are they?'

Just as you were about to turn around and search the other side of the castle, you crashed into someone and would've fallen over if they hadn't grabbed your forearms and pulled you upright.

"What the... Y/-,er, your Majesty? Shouldn't you be asleep right now?" Pheonix's voice sounded perplexed. You noticed that Ezikial was with him. "I'm sorry but can I borrow Lieutenant Pheonix please?" You asked thoughtfully. Ezikial glanced at Pheonix before shrugging.

"I don't see why not. I just hope he isn't in trouble." You shook your head and grabbed Pheonix's forearm. "No, we just need to talk." You gave a quick smile before running off in the direction you had just come from, Pheonix struggling to keep his balance.