Untitled Part 20

Ten Years Later

“Aston and Darcey Styles if I have to ask you to come here again there will be consequences” I say, trying to sound threatening but they both know I’m not.

“Daddy we’re here what’s wrong?” Darcey asks me.

I turn around to face both the kids and smile widely. They have both grown up so much. Time has gone way to fast as I look at them standing in front of me.

“Would you mind helping your Dad with the twins, Ava won’t let him do her hair and Edwards’s shoes need to be put on. We are running late” I ask them as I finish packing lunchboxes.

“Sure Dad no worries” Aston says. “It’s ok you know Dad, it’s just their first day of grade 4 they will be ok” Aston says smiling as Darcey leaves to tend to Ava.

I sigh. How did this boy become so wise? I still remember him as a six year old with no front teeth. Standing before me now though is a handsome 17 year old. Aston has grown into a smart, funny and very charming boy. He has a steady girlfriend and has just been accepted into Oxford University to study Medicine. I Look to Darcey as she walks back into the kitchen carrying her eight year old sister Ava on her back, her hair neatly done. Darcey is following Aston to Oxford studying English literature. They are both still the best of friends and did not want to leave each other behind when they went off to university. They will both share an apartment together off campus. Harry insisted on buying them the apartment and of course a car each, much to my outrage. I’m happy they will be well looked after though.

“Here we are Miss Ava, now let’s get your back pack on” Darcey says to Ava.

Harry walks into the Kitchen with Edward in tow, shoes finally on his feet. The last ten years have been kind to Harry. he still looks so young and handsome. My breath still gets caught in my throat whenever I see him. He is dressed casually in his jeans and a white button up top. His hair is long reaching his shoulders and his green eyes sparkle when he sees me. He comes over and kisses me.

“Ready to go Mr Styles?” He asks me and I smile. I will never get sick of him calling me that.

Since everything happened ten years ago Harry cut back instantly on his work load. He hired more people and devoted his time to our family. We were married a year later and it was one of the best days of our lives. The wedding was simple but elegant and a day we will never forget. The wedding much to our disapproval was heavily covered by the media. Our relationship is still gossip in the news and Harry is still as popular as ever within the music industry.

After I came out of hospital after the kidnapping I took months to fully recover and heal. I didn’t cope very well. The media attention was a lot to handle as were the constant nightmares. I still get them sometimes but they are few and far between, and Harry was by my side the whole time. We postponed the wedding for a year until I was able to cope with everything better. We were able to live a semi normal life happily and not in fear. It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that Ben was dead and wasn’t going to come after me again. Eventually I started believing it. We still have constant security, that will never change but Drew, Cal and Simon are still part of our entourage and our family. The kids have grown up with them too and we are so thankful to still have them by our side.