Chapter Sixteen: More Cages and the Bracelet

I swished around, seeing Pitch at the doorway.

"Cupid, what did I tell you? I gave you specific instructions. And you did not follow them."

"Yes. I'm sorry Pitch."

Everyone in the room just looked confused. I'm sure North and Bunnymund were still preoccupied with their bickering somewhere.

"What are you doing here Nightmare Queen?" I asked him, fistbumping Jack.

"Yea, you forgot you're tiara. Ooooh!" Jack added, I doubled over in laughter.

Pitch was unamused. "I think you're aware of how powerful I am over you right now."

"Powerful? Pitch, you don't know just how wrong you are." Tooth argued.

"Well, how come I've just captured North and Bunnymund once again?"

I sighed. "Ugh, really? Ain't nobody got time for being captured multiple times."

"Well, you all do." he said, a bag being shoved over me by Cupid.

"Seriously? You son of a biscuit!" I yelled, struggling to get out. It was quite a big bag.

Someone was pushed in along with me, but it was way to dark to tell who it was without hearing their voice.

"Who's there? Is it Tooth?"

"Haha, nope."

My cheeks shifted to a glowing pale blue after I realized it was Jack instead.

We sat in silence as we were picked up by what was most likely a nightmare. Soon we started a conversaton.

"Y-you really need a new shirt..." I said.

"Oh, haha yeah. I guess I do." he replied, his face probably pink.

We were soon slammed onto the ground, the top of the bag opening. We flopped onto the dusty floor.

"Well. Looks like I've got you again."

"Shut up Pitch." I said snapping my fingers.

"Oh suuuure."

We weren't in a cage this time, at least yet. I hated those things.

"Why do you keep capturing us? It's annoying." Jack said, standing up. He held out his hand to help me, which I gracefully took.

"Oh, Mckenna, you dropped this on your last visit here." Pitch said holding out my bracelet and jingling it.

"Hey! My bracelet! Give it back!" I said, lungeing towards the Nightmare King. Or should I say Queen. Or not even Queen... Peasant.

Cupid came out of nowhere, pushing me down to the ground.

"Get off me jerk!" I screamed.

"Do not move unless we give authorization. Got it, punk?"

"I'm not a punk, I'm a hipster." I replied sarcastically. She threw me back up, letting me stand. I decided to stay still like Jack.

"Why are you working with Pitch, Cupid? It won't benefit you!" Jack said.

"I'm only working with him for power. And we made a deal, that I would still be able to do my job."

"Yes. The deal was if she worked for me, I would give her power and she would help me capture you and the Guardians."

"And I made a condition that I could still do my job as Cupid. We agreed, and acted through the whole thing. You lot are very gullible."