Chapter 12

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

    "A simple I love you, is more than money."

         -Frank Sinatra.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Ishita noticed the change of happiness on her dad's face. She mentally noted to ask him later.

Harshit sat down like nothing happened, but was silent. & Which was causing everyone to look at him in worry. Rita looked at her husband Ranvir, he just smirked at her & winked. Rita knew something was wrong, the reason behind Harshit's pale face was her husband. & She couldn't see that, she was more than happy to see Ishita today. But only if she could change her husband's mind. She decided to go against her husband this time. As she said,

"Hema, can we talk in private now?" She asked. While Hema nodded, & walked towards an empty room.

"Everything alright?" Hema asked.

"Yeah. But, I want to tell you something, Hema"

"Sure, what is it?"

"My husband, Ranvir, is against this marriage"

"What?... But, why?" Hema asked worried.

"He had a very bad past, dear. So he thinks the same thing will happen with his kids, & that's where he is wrong. I really like Ishita as my daughter-in-law, so I am going against him this time"

"Hmm.... So what should we do to agree your husband?"

"I will see what I can do. But, the change on Harshit's face, shows what might have happened when both of they were talking."

"Yeah..."

"Look, tomorrow in noon come to my house along with Harshit. We will discuss the matter, & ask him what Ranvir said to him alright?"

"Okay"

__________

After having the dinner, the Khanna's went back to their house. & Now Ishita went towards her parents room.

As she was going to knock on it, the devil came. Her brother, Varun.

"Hey idiot, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Duffer I was going to talk to Ma & pa" She said & rolled her eyes.

{Ma : Mom
Pa : dad}

"Ohhhh, are you so desperate for the marriage?" Varun teased.

"You are really duffer! Didn't you notice the change in dad after he came back talking to Rajvir's dad?"

"Hmm... I did. But, I don't think so you should ask them. It's elders thing, you shouldn't interfere"

"Oh, now the great duffer is giving me advice? I am so going to listen to it" Ishita said, sarastically.

"Do what you want idiot, but don't disturb my precious sleep" Varun said, & banged his room's door on her face. While Ishita scoffed.

Just when she was about to Knock on the door again, Varun called her,

"Idiot"

Ishita turned around, & gave her brother a tight lipped smile.

His brother threw the pillow on her face, & ran downstairs. As the volcano was about to burst. (In other words, Ishita was gonna burst out in anger😂)

"Duffer!!!!!!" Ishita shouted his name, & went to his room & her room. & Collected as many pilliows as she can, & went downstairs running.

She placed all the pillows on the couch, & started throwing one by one on her brother.

"Idiot stop!" Varun shouted, as she was throwing pilliows on him, non-stop.

"Yah! This is what you get, when you mess with your sister!" Ishita said, as she continued throwing the pilliows on him.

Their parents came out of the room, beacuse of the noise. & gasped at what mess they had made in the living room.

Harshit started laughing hard, while seeing his son trying to get rid of the hits.

While Hema glared at him. Harshit instantly stopped laughing.

"Ishita" Hema called her.

But, she was busy making her brother regret his actions.

"Ishita" she called her again, but this time a bit louder than before. But, Ishita was in her own world.

This time she called her named, which made Ishita flinch in her place.

"Ishita!"

Ishita looked at her mom. While Varun looked at his dad, who shrugged his shoulders.

"What is this?" Hema asked, as she went closer towards the mess they had done.

"What what?" Ishita joked. She always thought that her mother looked cute when she was angry, which was true.

"Ishita stop joking around. I am serious" Hema said, & glared at her daughter.

"Is that the way you treat your brother? Throwing pilliows on him?" Hema asked, this time calmly.

"He started first" she said while pointing at Varun, like a five year old would do.

"You did first" Varun said, pointing back at her.

"You!"

"You!"

"You!"

"You!"

"You!"

"You did it duffer!"

"You did it idiot!"

"You!"

"You!"

"STOP!" Hema shouted at them, on the top of her lungs. Which made them instantly stop.

"I don't care who did it. Clean this up, & then straight to your rooms. Is that clear?" Hema said in a final tone.

Both nodded. While, Hema went back to the room. While Harshit, Varun, & Ishita started laughing.

"Your mother....," Harshit said between his laughs, & shook her head on the behaviour of his wife.

"But, pa really it was him" Ishita said, & stood beside looking at Varun.

"She is lying dad"

"No you are!"

"Now don't start again, otherwise the home mistress will come down again" Harshit said, & laughed.

It's true, that often, kids make their parents forget about their worries, tensions.

Though Harshit was worried from inside about what would happen tomorrow at noon after meeting Rita. As per Hema had told him.

Harshit was curious about Ranvir's past, that had made him change his nature. But, he also knew that this was not the right time to discuss about his past. But about the marriage between two families. & Marriage was a life commitment. & Harshit knew that at any cost he won't let his daughter cry. Not when someone else was the reason behind her tears.

But, the question was, what if he never agrees to this marriage? & Will he accept his daughter even after the money? Or will he demand more?

Only tomorrow will answer all those questions.

After cleaning the living room with more brother-sister arguement, both went to their rooms & slept.

While sleep was nowhere for Harshit.