CHAPTERTWELVE

hey guyd its been like 3 montjs sorry😞
chapters a little short cuz this been in my drafts for too long🔥

chapter twelve
A SINLESS
CRIME

"Do you know what happens when stars fall?"

"Do you know what
happens when stars fall?"

Her blue eyes glowed as she asked the young girl, brushing her hair.

"No," The little girl mumbled as she leaned outside the window. The sky was something she could only reach for, but never touch. "What happens?"

Marianne chuckled, patting the Princess' head. "They become humans on earth. The most beautiful of them all."

"Really?" The young girl turned around in excitement. "Then have you met any stars?"

The moon was a crescent, looking down upon the beautiful earth. The night was cold and hollow, but neither of them seemed to mind.

"Yes, of course." The young woman said, smiling. "I've met you."

"But I'm not a star." The Princess sighed, playing with her clothes. "My mother must be a star. She is so beautiful — I think. I can't really remember, but I still love her very much."

Marianne stopped combing her hair, and a moment of silence passed.

"Well, it's okay to forget things."

Y/n bit her inner cheek.

"You know what, Y/n? Two stars. It seems I've met two of them." She placed a kiss atop the young girls head, soothing her worries. "However, you are my favourite star."

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══

"I also like them." The Princess smiled, only faintly. As if she were remembering something — her mind flickering over a forgotten memory. "The stars, I mean."

"Oh yes," The Empress fixed her hair, although she knew it wasn't out of place. "They are wonderful."

They stood outside somewhere, where even the music in the hall didn't reach them. Where only the crickets and the bugs could be heard. "I was just thinking — your gardens are very, I mean very beautiful."

"Thank you.." Navier was startled, though she didn't show it. She wasn't really interested in becoming acquainted with the Princess, however the young woman didn't seem to bear any ill intention. The Empress didn't think she would be one to strike a conversation. "I try to take care of them."