CHAPTERTEN

author note:
sorry for uploading
once in a million years
(also you guys have some very
interesting library titles)

chapter ten
MISUNDERSTOOD

The Duke walked with the Princess as he supported her with his arm, listening to her quiet mumbles

listening to her quiet mumbles.

She wasn't asleep, but her lashes laid softly on her the skin of her face. She had gotten drunk after three-and-a-half glasses, and stumbled every few steps she took.

Ergi looked at the curve in the apples of her cheeks, the way her lips parted ever so slightly and the steady, quiet breathing in her nose. It was as if she were sleepwalking.

At that moment, her eyes slowly opened, her brows furrowed.

"Hmm? Have you sobered up?" He slowly bent down to let her arm unwrap. "So, would you mind telling me where your room is?"

Y/n groaned, a hand rubbing her aching neck, her knees still unstable. "My room..?"

She stuttered and slurred her words as she leaned back, her vision upside down. "What room?"

He set her down, propping her against the cold wall. "Well, Your Highness, you're going to have to actually tell me where you stay for me to help you."

"I think.." The hallway appeared too bright as she squinted. "I'm sorry."

"How can you think you're sorry?" He sighed, but couldn't help but smirk a little at her unusual attitude.

"I don't have a room, I stay in that tower." She pointed at the large painting of a dawn scenery, with a tall tower overlooking a vast forest.

"You're not in a tower anymore. This is the palace of the Eastern Empire."

She closed her eyes, her face feeling hot. "Is that so?"

"Of course it is. Do you..not like it here?" Ergi raised his eyebrows.

She ran her hand over her dress. It felt fuzzy to the touch. "Am I allowed to leave as I please? Can I not go to celebrations and banquets?"

"I thought you'd like the gatherings."

"I would..I'd love to go if it wasn't so hard.." Her voice got quieter until she whispered the final word.

"Ergi and..–what?"

The Princess could see the outline of a person and hear a familiar voice, but couldn't make out a face due to all the alcohol she consumed.

"Since when have you two..?"

"Heinrey! Look the Princess is drunk and well..well, I don't know where her room is." He leaned down to help her up. "Tell me where her room is, i'll carry her there."