CHAPTERSEVEN

chapter seven
UNCOUTH

The tired princess entered the dimly lit room, ready to melt into her bed

The tired princess entered the dimly lit room, ready to melt into her bed. It had been an eventful night — perhaps her first ever.

She gazed into the mirror, one by one, taking the accessories out of her hair. She looked a mess with her eyes puffy and bloodshot.

"Your Highness, it's me, Celenne." With a light knock and Y/n's approval, the lady-in-waiting came in, closing the door quietly behind her.

She pushed a silvery trolley inside. It contained a jug of water, a bowl, some towels and more things below that couldn't be seen.

"Oh my, princess!" She took one look at the girl's face and gasped. "What happened?"

"Oh, It was nothing, Celenne." She lied, "It's just the– the.."

She slowly got quiet, unable to think of an excuse.

Of course, Celenne knew something had happened. Perhaps the nobles had disrespected her. Maybe they talked behind her back. She just bit her lip and unloaded the things she brought. Despite only knowing her for a short while, she disliked seeing the princess in sadness.

"Have you eaten, Your Highness?" She asked, looking for something in the trolley.

Now that Y/n thought about it, she hadn't eaten at all at the celebration. "No, but the kitchen must be getting ready to close. I can just sleep it off."

"I have actually brought food. I thought that you might be hungry." She slowly took out plates of food, placing them on the nearest table.

Y/n eyed the plates of little sandwiches, perfectly cooked meat and fresh vegetables.

"You did this for me?" She asked as she walked over to her lady-in-waiting.

"Of course, My Lady." Celenne smiled. "Who else would I do it for?"

The princess' eyes became more liquid, her brows curving. She asked, "Can I hug you, Celenne?"

"Yes." The lady-in-waiting replied shortly, opening her arms.

The princess pulled Celenne into a tight embrace. She closed her eyes, and rested her chin on her lady-in-waiting's shoulder. "Thank you."

"Of course, my lady." Celenne breathed out, her voice breaking at the longing she sensed in her lady's words. "Anytime."

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══