Blue Skies And White Clouds

2 days till it's over with.

MJ had locked herself in her art room. She didn't wait for her Mom and Oliver to spew her some bullshit about how everything would be okay. As soon as Peter's taxi had left the driveway, she'd run downstairs, locked the door behind her, and cried for hours. She'd cried till she thought she was going to vomit - but she couldn't leave that room.

She just wanted to be alone. With her art around her, and the grey walls, and the velvet couch that she had lay on with Peter a few days ago when he had told her everything, and all she could think about was what was inside her, and how dishonest she was being.

It was like nothing he said even mattered at all.

Her head was starting to throb a little now. It still hurt to move her arms. They were definitely healing but the bandages were still heavy, and now Peter wasn't here to change them and talk to her about something random. Pretend she hadn't stolen the pocket knife from the kitchen that morning and intended to hurt herself. Pretend she wasn't depressed. Pretend like she could cope when he was gone.

She was crying again. The tears fell hot and fast down her cheeks. She reached to fiddle for the necklace round her neck, and remembered it wasn't there anymore. She'd given it back to him. Not because she wanted to, but because she felt he deserved to have it back. Now, she was even more upset.

"MJ. Honey?"

She heard Ally's voice behind the door, and her heart sank.

Please just go away, Mom.

She lay down with her back to the couch carefully, still inconsolable. She was trying to be quiet, but she was pretty sure her Mom could still hear her sobbing and sniffing through the door.

"Baby, it's been four hours. Please come out and eat something."

She thought of Peter on his flight back to New York. He'd never flown alone. He was all by himself, thousands of feet up in the air. And though MJ knew he was going to be fine, she felt this guilt in her chest that she wasn't there to hold his hand when there was a little turbulence. Utter some pointless words of reassurance. Kiss his cheek and smile and just be there.

She wiped her eyes for what felt like the thousandth time and touched her fingers softly to her stomach again.

2 days and I'll be all alone again.

MJ heard the sound of her Mom fiddling with the lock of the door. She sighed heavily as her Mom pushed the door open slowly, and closed it behind her. She hated the fact that her Mom had an extra key to every door. MJ didn't even have the strength to look at her. Her eyes were staring up at the ceiling blankly. Ally made her way towards MJ tentatively, kneeling beside her on the couch. The smell of the Armani perfume she was wearing was making MJ nauseous.

MJ swallowed thickly, her breathing still widely irregular. It was like she'd been having a panic attack for four hours straight. She'd become accustomed to feeling this way.

"Baby, please breathe." Ally whispered, putting her fingers in MJ's hair softly, and massaging her head.

It was soothing, but it was like her body was rejecting everything that tried to calm her down. She just wanted to be sad and angry and beat herself up for letting him go.

Ally wiped MJ's cheeks with the back of her hand. MJ could feel her mother's eyes on her. She knew Ally and Oliver were extremely worried about her and trying not to show it. They'd practically robbed the whole house of everything she could remotely use to harm herself. There were no sharp objects in sight. No ropes or wires. It was like they were baby proofing the house.