The Perfect Person

Peter and Gwen were together a lot of the time. Peter wasn't sure if it was because they were now 'boyfriend and girlfriend', but he found himself wanting to spend more and more time with her. It was cool to learn new things about her everyday.

Like how her favorite movies were 'The NoteBook' and 'Nomad Land.' Like how she had listened to 'Feels Like This' by Maisie Peters on repeat after she broke up with her ex, and cried herself to sleep most nights. How she was bullied in middle school for being weirdly good at math. How much she loved high school and her time as a cheerleader. How she got a buzzcut and donated her hair to MSK Cancer Research after her second cousin died from leukemia.

Her favorite colors were sunset orange and pale green. She was really into comics and she loved the cinema. She'd had her first kiss at summer camp when she was fourteen in some random forest in Switzerland. Being an only child, her parents always made a huge deal about her birthday. When she turned seventeen, she went on vacation to Paris with her best friends.

She had two real best friends back home - Anna and Charlie. She used to have a really bad phobia of vomit because she threw up one night in her sleep and woke up choking on it when she was five years old. She watched Coraline when she was eight and had nightmares for three weeks. She could play almost anything on the guitar.

Her Dad went to college with John Legend so her and her parents have dinner with him and Chrissy Teigan sometimes. She hated her full name, Gwendoline, and her parents only called her that when they were super mad at her. She had a tiny tattoo of a star just above her right thigh. She liked to pray most nights and knew some Bible verses off by heart. She was like the perfect person.

Almost too perfect.

"How was your sorority event last weekend?" Peter asked.

He was walking in between classes, sandwiched between Li Mei and Gwen. Him and Li Mei were in their Tech Bear shirts because they had a shift in about five minutes. Gwen was on her way to choir practice.

"Kinda shit." Li Mei said, glancing over at Gwen, who rolled her eyes.

"Yeah." Gwen sighed, re-adjusting her backpack on her shoulder. "The Sigma Nu boys are alright. But the guys at Kappa Sig are so entitled-"

"There's a rumor that they're all Stanford rejects." Li Mei replied. "So - there you go."

Gwen laughed a little. Li Mei had helped braid Gwen's hair into two extremely neat French plaits. Apparently braiding each other's hair was a 'sister' thing or whatever. And she had her green hoodie on top of her shorts because it was a little cold.

"Peter - could you help me out with some 'Intro to Java' homework later?" Gwen asked, turning to Peter now.

"Of course." Peter smiled, grabbing her hand quickly.

"Great - does seven work? You want me to come to you-"

"I'll come to you, don't worry." Peter reassured her, before bending down a little to kiss Gwen's cheek.

"You guys are cute." Li Mei sighed, pushing her sleek, black hair behind her ears. "Though I don't know if I'm jealous for you guys, or happy for you."

Peter and Gwen both laughed as they all tried to dodge students walking in the opposite direction, whilst retaining their formation as a trio.

"Oh, here's my stop." Gwen announced, as they all stopped in front of the music building.

"Have fun at practice, Gwen." Peter said, letting go of her hand now.

"Thanks." Gwen breathed, looking in Peter's eyes a little, before kissing him quickly.