Lani

There was a loud and obnoxious knock on the door.

Peter was lying near the edge of the king-sized bed in his boxer shorts, his face pressed against the side of a pillow and his arm clutching the duvet cover. The AC had been on full blast all night.

Peter lifted his head up slightly, squinting his eyes open. He noticed Gwen near the other side of the bed, lying with her knees curled up to her chest. She was wearing nothing but Peter's massively oversized high school decathlon t-shirt. Her hair was a tangled mess falling across her cheek. She pushed it away from her face now sleepily, pulling the duvet back over her.

They heard the knock even louder again and Gwen sighed loudly. She was not a morning person.

"What?" Gwen groaned, her voice croaky.

"We made you guys Bellinis." they heard James' voice from outside the door. "Me and Ned's special recipe."

It was Fall Break, and Peter was still a little shocked that George and Helen had let a bunch of unsupervised college students spend four nights in their brand new beach house.

Gwen's parents had hired a minivan to take Peter, Gwen, Katie, Sutton, James, Ned, Li Mei, MJ and Miles near Albany Beach the previous afternoon. Peter wasn't totally thrilled with everyone that was invited - especially Miles - but he was just grateful to be out of school and practically on a mini-vacation.

To be honest, Peter couldn't remember much of last night. They'd all unpacked their stuff when they got there, then got into bathing suits and hung by the beach. Peter stayed with Gwen the entire time, and tried not to stare at MJ and Miles visibly being all over each other. Sutton had set up some kind of volleyball tournament and Peter's team had lost.

Then there was dinner...prepared by sous chefs...and a whole lot of drinking. Gwen's parents really wanted to treat them on their first night. Katie, the queen of shots, poured out round after round for everyone. The music was loud and they were all dancing and hanging out by the pool. James offered Peter his vape pen at some point and he'd accepted, inhaling raspberry flavoured vape juice until he felt light-headed.

Peter barely spoke to MJ. MJ barely spoke to Peter. She was all over Miles. What happened to kissing him and meaning it?

Ned got pushed in the pool by Katie. At least Peter thought it was Katie that had pushed him in. Then Miles threatened to throw MJ in until they both fell in, drunk out of their minds. Peter was tired of watching them.

Gwen was sat on his lap at one of the bistro sets with Li Mei opposite them. Gwen and Li Mei were just giggling and Peter wasn't sure why they were giggling...until he realized they were passing Molly between each other.

Peter told Gwen not to touch it and asked Li Mei where the hell she'd got them from. Now that he thought about it...he couldn't remember Li Mei's reply. Gwen was a little tipsy so she told Peter he was being a bitch about it and she was only going to try one.

Then Gwen and Li Mei were high. And dancing hopelessly with each other. Katie dared Li Mei to kiss Gwen and she did, playfully. Then they were both laughing hysterically.

Peter had to carry Gwen upstairs eventually. She was still high and saying a lot of emotional and soppy shit to him. Peter was just nodding and pretending to listen. He still felt a little light headed himself.