09 - First Get-Together w/127

"You smell....weird"

Not a 'Hey' nor 'Glad you can make it'. Nope, instead the first set of words uttered the moment I stepped into the diner just so happened to be 'You smell'. What a great way to be greeted with on this fine evening.

"Weird?" I tilt my head in confusion at the statement, sniffing my sweater.

"No not w-weird...." He stutters "Just different"

It might be because of my drained stigma but right now I don't know whether I am supposed to take that as a compliment or an insult. Especially since he wasnt the only person to comment about my scent today. Do I really smell strange today?

Reading my puzzled expression, the member rephrased his statement. "What I meant to say is that you don't smell like your usual self. D-Did you change your detergent or something?"

"...No" I have always used the same brand of detergent ever since I started doing my own laundry at the age of 15. In fact, I used the same brand of everything ever since I started living on my own in Seoul, to make my life easy and simple as I'm the type to irresolute on everything. "But if it helps, this is a friend's cardigan"

Before arriving, I made a pit-stop by my apartment complex to take a shower since I spent the day in the practice room, doing nothing but repeated choreography nonstop. I was drenched with sweat and didn't want to come here reeking.

And on the way out, I grabbed So-Hyun sweater that was laying on the couch. She cursed me for it since she was on her way out as well with an outfit that matched perfectly with the sweatshirt but it was her fault for leaving it there.

"Oh...That explains why" Winwin hums, indicating satisfaction with the explanation before turning around towards the end of the table, where I assume his seat was. "I prefer your original smell"

Unassured how to reply, I mumbled a "....thanks?" but he was too far away to hear me.

"You don't smell that different" Hana linked her arm with mine, smirking on sight after what she had just witnessed. "I wonder wh-"

"Stop" I rolled my eyes, already knowing what she was about to say next. "It's not like that"

"It's just....I find it amazing how certain people keep noticing the change of your fragrance" She held her chin with her right hand before proceeding to count with her fingers. "First Jisung and Chenle during practice and now Winwin, huh"

"Your point being?"

"It just happened that all of those people fall on your 'admirers' list. Funny, ain't it?"

It's not like I don't know that certain members see me more than a team-member, heck more than a friend, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can't force them change their feelings for me since everyone is entitled to their own emotions but there's no way I can replicate it either, so I just choose to ignore it.

If I'm being honest, there's no way I can accept any of them: not only do I not see any of them the same way, but also because it will only cause complications in the function of the group. I might be known as a Snow Queen, but that doesn't mean that I have the heart to reject them, especially since they are trying their best to keep it on the low-down.