Part 28

"Do you really think the four of you can take on all of me?" you heard a deep voice say as you reached the doorway leading to the target. As you pressed against the wall and peered into the room, you were able to spot six people. Agent May, Rhodey, Strange, Scott, your old teacher Mrs. Lopez, and your old coach Mr. Greendale.

When you had been sent by Ross to find some traitor in your school, it never occurred to you that the teachers could be traitors as well. Besides, these were always the teachers you favored.

Without hesitating, you threw two electrifying coins, one on each of the past teachers and they fell to the ground. May smiled slightly while Thanos cast a glance behind him, but you hid behind the wall before he could see you.

You kept your breaths as deep and quiet as you thought. How do you defeat an almighty titan who has four infinity stones in his grasp? The powers he possesses are far greater than anyone this world has ever had to face.

"We are far more than four." she said and you hoped she was right because if you were the only one here to work as a backup, you were all screwed.

Instead of answering, Thanos raised his gauntlet and a purple mist moved towards them. The moment it made contact, skin cells started leaving their bodies while they all either fell to the ground or onto their knees.

"Wait!" you called before being able to stop yourself, grabbing his attention. But you threw an electric coin on him for good measure and he turned around. "You must be Thanos." You say as the large purple man stood before you. He gave you a puzzled look as if he expected you to cry and beg him for mercy.

You don't see the point in doing so. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to give people mercy and even if he was, at what cost would it be?

You could see why people would fear him though, he seemed like the kind of guy demanding respect, but you felt neither fear nor respect for him.

"Who are you?" He asked and you shrugged.

"I'm the girl who took Secretary Ross from you. The girl who broke your alliance with Mr. Man. I am the girl who helped hide the mind and time stone from you. Or you could call me by my name, which is Y/N." you said, using the sleeve of your shirt to scrub some of the dried up blood off of your face, allowing him to see your features.

"Ah, the girl who the man failed to break. I think I can have better luck." he said and you caught a movement in the corner of your eye. May was urging you to step back with a nod of her head, causing her harmed body to erupt in pain, you ignored her warning.

"Maybe you can. But what damage will I be able to do before that happens?" you asked while fixing with your com, making it look like you were simply nervous. You easily switched from the public channel to a direct line to Wakanda. 

From there, you started turning the microphone on and off in a morse code message. 'Thanos is here, send backup' you sent, hoping someone was there to hear the message.

"I doubt you could make any damage that matters." he said in his deep voice and you frowned. "Now, where are the rest of you?" he asked and you shrugged.

"They're here somewhere, all of them more than ready to kick your ass." you said with what you hoped was a confident smile, but considering the pressure on your wounded stomach, the pressure of not letting the world die, and the fear of your friends getting hurt probably made it look more like a grimace.

"Not here to save you then?" he asked before getting webbed over the right side of his head. He turned to look and saw Peter standing in front of his group.

"We're right here." you grinned at that, shooting Thanos a look, only to notice the smirk on his lips. He raised his hand and purple mist erupted once again, pulling skin cells off of their bodies. Their faces contorted in pain and you swore to yourself.