Part 27

"Mr. Ward, can't say it is a pleasure." he peered up at you with a smirk, sure that he still had the upper hand despite the knife against his throat.

"Miss Stark, the disguise would have been genius if you hadn't had your name and face everywhere. The blood was a nice touch." he said and you nodded.

"It was worth a try and considering how the other men of his fell for it, it bought me a minute or so." you said and he shrugged, before dodging away while pushing your arm from him. It caused a small cut on his throat, but nothing too dangerous.

"You know, I would have thought Agent Barton could take you, or at least wound you enough to weaken you." he commented as he tried to grab your wrist. You swung your hand down and then up, hitting him in the throat with the handle of the knife. A choked-up noise escaped him and he stumbled backward. Your hand flew to pick up an electrifying coin but before you could, he leaned back and kicked you in the stomach.

A quiet scream escaped as pain flared through your stomach while you could feel the area getting warm and sticky from blood. It wasn't too much of the fluid, but it was enough for a small stain to form on your stomach.

"Huh, guess he did wound you after all." he commented as he punched you, his fist meeting your cheek. You groaned slightly while ducking, under his arm and moving closer to him. Once there, you cut his side. 

You spun as you backed away, watching him eye you in chock. Most people would have reacted worse to the pain in your stomach so, he probably had expected you to do so as well. He tried to punch you again, but you dodged and made a cut on his bicep.

"How did the billionaire manage to train you this well?" he asked as he threw a punch, you dodged it with ease, but it seemed like it had only been meant as a distraction since he immediately hit your hand, forcing you to lose one of the knives.

"People need to remember that I am more than my father's daughter. He didn't need to train me and do you want to know why?" you asked elbowing him in the gut before cutting his shoulder.

"Yes." he answered. He then pulled you closer, pressing your arm between his arm and his side, putting enough pressure for you to have to lose the knife.

"I'm also an L/N." you said and he froze in his place, realization flashing over his face. You took the moment to clock him and he stumbled backward. That seemed to bring him out of his haze and a cruel smirk grew over his lips.

"Well, since I sent those men after her, I guess it is only fitting that get you killed as well." he said, trying to get under your skin. But all you did was roll your eyes.

"You aren't the first of Thanos's guys to say that to me, you lack originality." you said, pulling out another knife from under your jacket. Only one knife left to grab.

"Whatever, I'm done playing around." he said, gripping your free hand and pulling you back first against him. His arm wrapped around your throat with a grip of steel. Panic flared inside of you and for once, it actually blurred your mind instead of making it clearer. Without a second thought, you reached back and buried the knife in what seemed like his shoulder. His grip on you loosened and you slipped away, turning in the movement.

He stood as he had before, chock written all over his face, before he fell onto his behind, back landing against the wall. Your eyes went to the knife, only now realizing that it wasn't in his shoulder. It was in his lung.

"No- no." you breathed out, falling to your knees behind him. You took another of the bandage button and transformed it. You tried securing pressure around the knife, but he pushed your hands away.

"It's no use." he said and a sob made its way from your throat. "I'm your first kill?" he asked and you nodded slowly, tears threatening to spill.

You had been the cause of many deaths. Of friend's, family's and strangers, but they had never died by your hand.

"I'm honored." he said and you stared at him, tears escaping.

"I didn't mean to... I- oh god." you panted out through the panic and he smiled, nodding softly.

"I know, it's okay. It's only fair. I accidentally killed your mom. I never meant to do it..." he stopped to cough out some blood while you stared. "Thanos wanted you dead, so I sent the soldiers to your house. But she got in their way. I'm sorry- please forgive me." he said, tears in his eyes and your heart clenched. He was a horrible person, but you were the one who had put him in this state to begin with, of course you felt bad.

"I forgive you." you managed to say before his eyes heart stilled and his eyes got clear.

Nausea filled you up and it hurt to see someone like this because of you. You wanted to scream, puke, and rub your hands raw until no blood of his was left. But you couldn't do that. Someone from your team was still missing and the world was endangered, now was not the time to be selfish.

With that in mind, you forced yourself to stand up, sliding your hands over your jacket to get some of the stickiness away. Once you had, you pressed the com to change into your team's private channel before pressing the talk button.

"Loki? Answer if you can hear me." you said, forcing your voice to get steady. You waited a minute and when there still was no answer, you turned and made your way to the corridor he left for. Almost as soon as you reached it, you saw him laying on his back.

You froze for a second, eyes scanning for any wounds. There was none, but there were purple veins around his eyes. He had just been shot with a night-night gun. Should be at least another thirty minutes before he is up and running, but he would be fine. You sighed in relief, before grabbing him and moving him to lay by the four guards' bodies. You then did the same with Erik.

Dragging two full-grown men was far from easy, but it was necessary. Hopefully, it would draw less attention to them and thus, no soldier would be likely to kill them. You switched back to the public coms.

"Erik and Loki are down, how far are you from the target?" you asked and someone responded immediately.

"One minute, we'll meet you there." Agent May said and you dusted your shirt off. Hopefully, the others would believe you if you told them the blood wasn't yours. Some of it wasn't, some was. Applying a new bandage would probably be the best thing to do, if you could clean your hands off, that is. Mixing another person's blood with your own would only cause more damage.

"Copy that, see you in one." with that said, you pulled out the knife from Ward and grabbed the gun you gave to Erik,  before walking away and not looking back.

1251 words