Mouth to Mouth

Mouth to Mouth

            I was lying on my bed reading my well used copy of Jane Eyre that I reread every few months. Macy sat on the other end of the bed with her laptop, both of us comfortable with just being in each other's company without saying a word.

            She had began to complain that I was spending too much time doing things without her so I had invited her over to chill with me day. I was now on the part of the book where Jane started to work for Mr. Rochester when Macy put down her laptop and jokingly said,

            "You can be so boring sometimes, it's Saturday and you're reading a book that was released about hundred years ago. I can totally see you living in a house full of cats on top of a hill in about fifty years from now."

            "If I didn't love you so much I would be extremely offended," I replied jokingly, "We can't all be as outing and fun as you are."

            "I love you too," she said in a childish voice, "Don't let me interrupt you from reading, I can see you trying to steal a read while we've been talking."

            I smiled at her then looked back down at my book. Mr. Rochester was such a brooding figure; he was most definitely on my list of fictional crushes. I was just getting back into the groove of the book when my phone rang. I knew it wasn't my parents because they were somewhere in the house and the only other person who would call was sitting across from me so that left Evan as the only one who could be calling me. I answered the phone on the third.

            "Hey Evan," I answered.

            "Hey Anastasia, what are you up to?" he asked.

            "Just chilling here with Macy and reading a book," I replied.

            He chuckled a little before saying, "Why I'm I not surprised and Macy's the girl who you're always with right?"

            "Yeah,"

            "Well I know this is really short notice but Ben invited a whole bunch of people to my house without my permission and now a pool party is in full swing. I wanted to know if you want to come over and if you want you could bring your friend with you," he said.

            I thought about it for a second, I was enjoying my book a lot but I couldn't help but feel like I  should be out and living my life a little and stop being the future old lady living in a house full of cats. I turned to Macy and asked,

            "How do you feel about a pool party?"

            "Time and place baby," she responded.

            "Now and at Evan's place,"

            "Well what are we waiting for let's put on our itcy bitcy polka dot bikinis and go and par-tay," she said.

            "Hey Evan," I said into the phone, "I think I'll come and Macy's coming with me."

            "Great, for a minute I thought you'd hung up on me," he replied.

            I took the direction to his house before I hung up. Macy and I smiled at each other then hurried to get ready. Macy had a swimsuit and other things over at my house because she was always over at my house. She put her bikini on under her clothes but because I wasn't comfortable wearing a swimsuit I decided to put on my own when I arrived at Evan's home.