Midnight Call

Midnight Call

"I'll see you on Monday," Evan said as I closed the door to his car. I shook my head yes and walked up to my front door. I turned back and he was still watching so I waved before opening my front door and entered the house.

My parents were away on a business trip so I didn't have to worry about an interrogation for reaching home so late as well as my parents wouldn't have known what to do even if they were here because I never went out and broke my curfew.

I didn't bother with putting on any lights as I knew my way around in the dark. I trudged up the stairs and made my way to my room. Tonight may not have ended on the best of notes but I had so much fun and added to that was the conversation I had with Evan against his car. I didn't like him like him in that way but I was in danger of diving of a rocky cliff where I knew not what was on the other end and even if I wanted to return even if I did jump.

I entered my room and raised my hand in the air as I yawned. I was extremely tired. I turned to put on the lights in my room and I turned around and screamed. Macy sat on my bed with her laptop.

"Hey you, how was your night?" she asked.

"How dare you try to have a normal conversation with me when you scared me to death?" I replied with my hand over my heart, "You said you were leaving after I left. What are you doing here?"

"I decided to stay. So I repeat, how was your night, did you have fun?" she asked again.

I just shrugged and started to remove my clothes.

"It was okay."

"Come on, give a little," Macy said.

I debated whether to tell her about the fight and decided that I would. She would find out eventually and if she heard it from someone besides me she would be masterly upset.

"Nothing much; met some of Evan's friends, danced, Evan got in a fight over someone calling me a name, I took a drink for the first..."

"Hold up, he got in a fight for you. Oh my gosh,aren't you too just the cutest," she said.

"It's not like that. It's strictly a friend thing. If it was you in the situation, you would also try to defend me," I said taking off my bedroom light and walking towards my bed after changing into a big vest and shorts,

" Just go around, I want to sleep and I can't take the Dr. Phil teenage love special you what to hit me with right now."

Macy laughed and did what I asked as well as shutting of her laptop plunging the room into complete darkness.

We were both quiet but I could tell Macy was just dying to say something and just as I was about to tell her to just get it out before we both fell asleep she said,

"You know what childhood song just came to me?"

"What?" I replied and I could hear the laughter in her voice so I knew whatever she was about to say was going to be some foolishness.

"I think it went something like Anastasia and Evan sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First came a fight in bar, second came lo..." I put my hand over her mouth to stop what she had been saying in sing song voice.

"Stop, you could be so annoying when you put your mind to it," I said to her laughingly, "Now shut up and let's go to sleep."

The room became silent and I adjusted my pillow so it was more comfortable under my head. I was falling into a peaceful sleep when a buzzing from under my pillow made me jump. I rose up and looked under my pillow to see my phone lighting up. Without checking to see who it was, I answered sleepily,

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me," I heard Evan answer through the phone.

"I can honestly say that I am surprised by this call," I responded looking at my clock on my bed side table, "At half past one in morning."

He laughed a little and said, "I know I just saw you about an hour ago but I couldn't sleep and my fingers just automatically dialled your number. Sorry if I woke you up."

"Nah, it's okay. So what do you want me to do about you not being able to sleep?" I asked him.

"Talk to me until I fall asleep,"

"Okay, what do you what to talk about?" I asked.

"Let's talk about you. What's your favourite colour?" he asked.

"Blue but not any the blue. I love the colour of the blue in the sky, it's so pretty. What about you?" I asked him in return.

"I won't accredit it to me being a boy and not being into girly shit but I don't have a favourite colour. Any colour looks fine to me. Okay next question, I know you like to read so what's your favourite book of all time?" Evan asked.

"Pride and Prejudice is my all time favourite book. Mr. Darcy is my fictional crush, I love him. I have read both the play script and the actual book," I said.

"Really, I actually did see you as a classical girl. I watched the movie and a line I remembered was something about an unmarried girl of some age must be in want of a husband," he said.

"Yeah something like that," I laughed because even though I knew what he was talking about he was slightly incorrect in the wording.

"Hmmm, have I ever told you how much I like your voice?" he asked his voice sounding a lot closer to sleep than before.

I remained quiet after that and after a while I could hear Evan's gentle breathing into the phone indicating that he had fallen asleep.

"Evan?" I asked even though I knew he was sleeping.

I smiled a little and then I hung up the phone. I snuggled up more into my pillow even more comfortable and at peace than I was before Evan called me. I was falling back into sleep again when I heard a little sing song quietly in the dark,

"Anastasia and Evan sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Hello My Readers,

Thank you for making Plus Sized reach 2000 reads big smiles right now; I love you guys so very very much. Also, has anyone ever read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, that's one of MY favourite books and if you've read it and loved it to then you're my book buddy. What's your favourite book? If you feel to comment, write your favourite in there, I would love to see what they are.

Oh, and sorry that it's so short L

Peace Out xoxo