𝙃𝙞𝙨 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

Sal POV:
I woke up from my blasting alarm clock again. I smacked the off button. "Stupid plastic box-.." I said getting up and stretching. I heard some mumbling in the other room. I turned to see Travis wasn't in bed. I looked around a bit more before getting up and putting in my glass eye. I opened my door. gizmo ran out the room. I heard the mumbles get louder and- laughing? Once I stood in the living room I could see in the kitchen were Travis and my dad.

They were talking and laughing together until they noticed me staring at them. "Good morning sally!" Travis said. He smiled at me. It almost gave me a heart attack knowing he was talking to my father. "M-morning" I said. My dad hadn't noticed Travis much being that he only saw him in the early morning or at night and my dad was a drunk. He was either hungover or drinking again. "well sals up I should probably go brush my teeth and stuff, it was nice talking to you mr fisher" Travis said. He gave my dad a smile and my dad gave one back. My dad nodded and Travis left to the bathroom. Once he shut the door he leaned on the counter.

He took a sip of the coffee he was holding and placed it off to the side. "He seems nice." My dad said, crossing his arms. "Yea he..he is." I said. Usually my dad was pretty calm about these things but we both knew I never told him. I was- I just- didn't want to. "He's been here for quite a few days sal." He said. I sighed. I rubbed my arm. "Can we talk about this later?" I said. I looked down at the ground to avoid eye contact but it just made it all the more obvious I was in trouble. He sighed. "Alright you better." He said. I nodded slightly and made my way to my room to go get dressed. Fuck.

*𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝘄*

While standing in front of my apartment I stopped in front of the door. "Hey Trav can you hang out at Larry's for a bit?.." I said fumbling with the keys. He looked at me confused. "Why?" He said. He started to mess with my hair and get me a little flustered. "Please. I have to talk with my dad I don't want you to hear it." I said staring down at the keys as I messed with them in my hands.

"Oh I get it. Ok be careful sal" he said. He kissed my head. "Be careful?" I said quietly. "Yea just don't get hurt" he said. God how much as Travis been messed up? It scared me knowing he still thought it was normal. "O-oh of course. Love you Trav I'll come get you when I'm done" I said smiling at him, even if he couldn't see. His face got red and flustered. I didn't know why at first until I realized what I had said. "Y-you too" he said. He was cute flustered. It made me feel a little better. He walked into the elevator and went down to the basement.

I slowly creaked the door open. I closed it behind me and gizmo came to rub against my leg. Me meowed at me. I assumed he was wondering where Travis went. "Hey Sal" he said sitting on the couch watching tv. "He's at Larry's so we can talk privately" I said. He got up and paused the tv. "So who is he?" I sighed. "My friend. I'm sorry I should've asked you if he could stay here." I said looking at my feet. liar. I fiddled with my hair. "Stay here? Sal I never agreed to anyone staying here. I would be fine with that but you have to answer a few things." He said. I nodded. "How long have you even known him? I've never seen him." He said.

I took a deep breath in. "A few months it's just- he wasn't safe at home so I had to take him with me. For his own safety." I said. "You took him away from home? Sal! He's a runaway?" He said. Technically he wasn't wrong but it was for good reason. I was worried he would be this way. "Dad please he was in danger at home" I said. I looked up at him. "How do you know that for sure?" He said. He seemed pissed. "He has bruises and I've known him for a while at school. I just need him safe.." I said. I messed with my hands and picked at my nails and skin. He sighed and paused for a moment. He looked like he was thinking on what to say or do.

"What's his name" he said. "You already know his?-" I was cut off. "His full name" shit. He knew. Travis looked extremely similar to Kenneth. not to mention the Phelps name was well known. It was clear Kenneth had a son, Travis would volunteer and cook for the church. Travis always promoted the church even at school. It always sort of made me feel bad. "Travis Phelps." I said hesitantly. He wasn't surprised but at the same time didn't seem calm about it either.