Chapter 11: Business in Menagerie

The boat ride to Menagerie was... interesting by Jaune's standards. After the limo dropped both Rarity and him at the docks, they immediately got on the boat and waited for them to arrive at Menagerie. Due to Jaune's fashionable state of dress, he got a lot of attention from females much to Rarity's ire. The second both of them got on the boat, all the females in the area stopped what they were doing to look at Jaune's body at what they believe is godlike especially when they can fully see his abs. Rarity almost got into a female brawl with the other passengers if it wasn't for Jaune holding her back and taking her into their room, to calm her down. Once they made it Menagerie, Jaune began to change into something more comfortable to handle Menagerie climate. He wears a plain, open shirt that has small, dark Jolly Rogers as cufflinks, a different belt, pink striped pants that reach his ankles, and pointed dress shoes.

(I don't own this image and the pants reached to his ankles

(I don't own this image and the pants reached to his ankles.)

Right before he puts on his pink fur coat, Rarity begins to talk to him.

Rarity: "It's been confirmed that there will be White Fang members around Kuo Kuana." She told her boss.

Jaune: "Looks like the plan is set. Remember to act calm and natural." He told the purple hair beauty as he caresses' her cheeks. "I did promise to protect you." He said with a gentle smile.

Rarity: "I know you will." She said with a smile as she kisses him.

Both CEO and his assistant left the boat and headed towards their destination. On their way, they seemed to get a lot attention. Most male Faunus are staring at Rarity while all Females are staring at Jaune and mainly his abs. They keep walking until they see a tall, muscular Faunus with black hair, a thick beard and yellow eyes. He wears an open dark-violet coat with white fur trim, exposing a patch of black fur on his chest. Over his beige pants is a matching sash that wraps around his waist and is secured with a large, silver metal buckle. On the shoulder of his coat is a silver metal spaulder, which through a pair of curved strips across the chest attaches as a clasp on the opposite front panel of the coat. The white toes of his black leather boots have a shape reminiscent of paws with claws at the tips. His physique is in general quite hairy, as what little can be seen of his bare arms and the backs of his wrists are shown to be covered in thick, black fur.

?????: "Hello. I am Ghira Belladonna. Chieftain of Menagerie. Welcome to Kuo Kuana." He said with a professional tone. 

Jaune: "Hello Mr. Belladonna. Jaune Arc. CEO of Numancia Flamingo. This is my trusted assistant Rarity." He said introducing to Ghira while shaking his hand as Rarity nodded to him.

Ghira: "Ah, Mr. Arc. We've been expecting you. Please follow me." He said as he heads to his home with them following him.

As they're walking, Jaune uses his Kenbunshoku Haki to see if there's anybody focusing on them and to his assumption, they're are. He is able to sense the presence of some Faunus who are tailing after them, but by a good far distance. He can already tell that it's the White Fang going after them. 

Jaune: 'Just any minute now.' He thought in his head as they continue walking. 

They walk for a few minutes until they made it to their destination, which Ghira's house. They went inside a a beautiful female Faunus greeted them. She is a cat Faunus with black hair and yellow eyes, short hair and three gold piercings on her cat ears - two on her right, and one on her left. She wears a black hakama and sandals with white tabi socks. Over her outfit, she wears a black shrug with a long right sleeve and a short left sleeve, gold-leaf trim adorning the opening on the front, long black arm warmers that extend to the middle finger. The left warmer has a purple band tied around the top and a pair of gold bangles around the wrist. Around her waist is a black and gold sash that trails behind her, with a gold flower-shaped buckle at the end. 

?????: "Ghira welcome back, and who are these people?" She asked the Chieftain.

Ghira: "Kali, this is Jaune Arc, CEO of Numancia Flamingo and his assistant Rarity. Both of you, this woman is my lovely wife, Kali."

Jaune: "A pleasure Ms. Belladonna." He said as he grabs her left hand and kiss it like a gentleman.

Rarity: "Hello." She said plainly as she nodded to her. 

Kali: "N-Nice to meet you both." She stutters a bit as she tries to not look at Jaune's abs. "How about I make us some tea while you discuss business?" She suggested which everyone agrees.

As Kali heads to the kitchen, the rest went into Ghira's office to discuss business. Inside the office, both Jaune and Ghira sat on chairs while Rarity stands behind her boss.

Ghira: "Before we begin, may I ask you something?"

Jaune: "Sure that's fine." He said as he puts down his sunglasses while putting on a pair of reading glasses.

Ghira: "I heard from my daughter, Blake, that you used to attend Beacon Academy and have poor fighting skills. Is that true?"

Jaune: "...yes it is. You see most of my family weren't supportive of me being a huntsman since they're way overprotective. I had to do a lot of things by myself, which also includes combat. Things happen later and I was expelled from Beacon and now I run one of the world's most successful fashion brands. 

Ghira: "I see. Now then let's begin." He said as he began to discuss business.

For the next two hours, Jaune began his discussion to have permission for him to construct a Numancia Flamingo store in Menagerie. Jaune has told the positive benefits for Ghira and the Faunus such as lower affordable prices, he will help donate money to the kingdom to help his economy, and that it will help boost morale for both of them knowing that a successful businessman has an equal partnership with a Faunus. Ghira was able to understand and agree to Jaune's idea and both have made the decision to agreed to this negotiation. Rarity brings out the printed clean contract and presents it to Ghira, who Jaune allows him to read over it to make sure the negotiations are what they agree to. After a few minutes of reading, Ghira acknowledge that the contract is legit and fair.

Rarity: "Mr. Arc's signature has already been filled. All you need to do is sign here... here.. and here." She stated while pointed to where Ghira needs to sign.

Once all signatures has been filled out, Rarity has put away the contract and both Jaune and Ghira shook hands.

Jaune: "Mr. Belladonna, I look forward to working with you." He said with a smile.

Ghira: "As do I, Mr. Arc. This will both benefit the relationship between Faunus and Humans." He also said with a smirk.

Jaune: "I couldn't agree more." He said as he drinks the last of his tea. 

Ghira: "Now that that's over, let me escort you both to our finest hotel. I can guarantee that it will be to your liking." He said with a gentle smile.

Jaune: "Please, lead the way." Jaune said with a smile as he puts on his sunglasses.

Both Ghira and Kali, lead Jaune and Rarity to the hotel, while also making small conversation. Jaune wanted to give them a gift to help better the relationship, so he will make custom outfits for them free of charge, which made them, especially Kali, very grateful. As they're walking to the hotel, they notice that the street of Kuo Kuana seem empty and quiet.

Kali: "It's so quiet. Just a few hours ago, there was people everywhere and normally it's never this quiet."

Rarity: "It's almost as they're hiding." She said as she's on her guard.

Jaune: "...seems that we have company." He explained as he sense a lot of auras.

The rest then noticed that Jaune is right since there's White Fang members appearing all over the town. Pretty soon they were surrounded. Ghira, Kali, and Rarity were on their guard incase of an attack.

Jaune, on the other hand, has a large grin.