Chapter 36

Everyone watched in awe as she began to change shape. Warping and changing under her blue shell, her legs and arms lengthened into huge hands and feet. Her head shape changed to be flatter, and two spines flared out on either side of her face. Her torso lengthened and grew little protrusions, and her little white streak disappeared and transformed into one giant spine of electricity trailing down her back.

When the light died down, she was now an Amped Toxtricity, beautiful violet and yellow clashing perfectly, and strummed her protrusions so wildly in an epic guitar solo the very foundations of the town were shaking. "What?!" Piers shrieked, and his Toxtricity was gazing in wonder and shock. "Evolution in the gym?! Ain't there a rule against that or somethin'?!"

"Rule or not, we're taking advantage of it," I grinned. "Use Flail!" Howling, she unleashed an echo of booming sound with her 'strings', shaking the stadium and causing everyone in the stands to hold onto something for dear life. "Boomburst?!" I shouted in confusion over the noise. "That's the loudest Boomburst I've ever heard in my life!"

"Punk Rock," Meowsie shouted to me, barely clinging to my shoulder by her claws. "Toxie's ability! It makes sound-based moves more powerful than normal and reduces the damage taken from them! Now tell her to take a chill pill, or we're all gonna be sent flying!"

"Toxie, stop and use Spark!" Complying, she launched herself at Toxtricity, who was busy grabbing at his head to make the noise stop to notice Toxie crackling with electricity. "Yahoo! Take that, punk rocker," I fist-pumped when she shocked the enemy with yellow electricity. "Oh. Uh....no offense, Toxie."

"Tox," she grinned at me, before turning back to the opponent. Piers had snapped out of his awe of evolution, and Toxtricity was struggling to stand upright from Toxie plowing through him.
"Enough of this! Use Sludge Bomb!"
"Knock it back with Boomburst!" Toxie shredded an epic guitar solo, blasting away the huge projectile of toxic sludge with pure sound. "Now use Power-Up Punch!"

Charging, both hands glowing with power, she swung wildly at Toxtricity, who was running away from her in terror. "Slow him down with Spark, then keep going with your other attack!"
"Dodge the Spark, Toxtricity, and counter with Sludge Bomb!"
"Blast it back from Boomburst if he tries it!"

The crowds were going wild with excitement, cheering and screaming and carrying on, particularly when Toxie and Toxtricity got closer to them. Once, they got so close, Marnie had to dive behind the bleachers to avoid getting zapped by a stray bolt of electricity. "Toxtricity! Stop and use Venom Drench!"

Toxtricity immediately braked, and Toxie hurried to stop before running into him. Spewing toxic acid from his mouth, Toxtricity covered Toxie from head to toe in poisonous liquid. Venom Drench. A Poison-type move. It lowers attack power of all kinds and slows down opponents.

"Toxie, get out of there," I shouted, watching her cry out in terror, struggling to get out of the now thickening venom. "Alright, Toxtricity, now use Overdrive!" Piers commanded, a smirk of victory displayed on his features. But, to the surprise and awe of everyone, Piers' Toxtricity didn't move.

Everyone stared in confusion at him; Piers, Team Yell, Marnie, Meowsie, Toxie and myself. He looked almost...sad, watching Toxie struggle to move and get out of the mess his move had created. "Hello? Toxtricity?" Piers yelled. "Finish her!"

I didn't know why Toxtricity was disobeying Piers' orders, but I wasn't going to complain. "Toxie! Take the time to get out of the sludge and then use Power-Up Punch!" Toxie wriggled and squirmed, with one arm freed and her legs starting to show through the goop.

"Toxtricity, stop standin' around an' attack!" Piers screamed in frustration. "Use Sludge Bomb, Overdrive, something!" He did nothing, standing completely still. It was hilarious, watching Piers throw a tantrum like a cranky toddler. Then, his partner did something that made everyone, even myself and Piers, freeze and stare. Toxtricity held out his hand to Toxie, expecting her to take it.

Toxie looked up at him, confused. He looked back down at her with kind eyes, wiggling his three fingers. Slowly, she accepted. My mouth was hanging open in shock, and Meowsie had to shut it for me with a paw. Toxtricity pulled her out of the toxic sludge, and they stood, face to face, not moving.

They exchanged a few gurgles and cries in Pokemon language, plucking at their protrusions in harmony, bass and guitar echoing around the area. They kept exchanging little melodies, cooing to their noises and harmonizing like some cheesy rock song. The last straw was when Toxie rubbed her head against Piers' Toxtricity's.

"Return," we quickly said in unison, returning our Punk Pokemon to their respective containers. Piers opened his mouth to speak. "If anyone asks, it was a double KO," I said firmly. He shut his mouth.