Chapter Four

I look at my phone screen to see who the caller I.D is, but is says Unknown. Meaning it's a blocked number. I answer anyways to tell whoever it is to stop calling.

"Hello?" I say. Trying to hurry up and get this over with so I can finally eat.

"You might want to go home and check on your sister. Last I checked she had quite the injury and I'm proud of what I did to her" and raspy deep voice says, and hangs up. This is just some sick joke, I thought. I'll just call her phone and she'll answer.
I call her cell phone but no answer. I call it again two more times and then call the house phone. No answer. I get up, grab my food and my bag and run to Kinley.

"We have to go. Now." I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her toward the trash can to throw my food away.

"Why? What's going on Addy?" She says trying to keep up with me. We get to the car and I grab Lane to put him in his car seat. Kinley sits in the back with him and I jump in the front seat, starting the car, pulling out of the parking spot and speeding off.

"What the hell is going on Addy!?" Kinley yells, putting her seatbelt on because of the speed I'm going.

"I just got a phone call from an unknown number telling me they hurt Lesley and now she won't answer her phone or the house phone. Kinley what if she's dead?" I say, my eyes starting to water. She rubs my shoulder to try and comfort me but it doesn't help. I hand her my phone and ask her to type in dads number for me. She does and hands me the phone back. It rings a few times, making me think he won't even answer.

"Add this isn't a good time for me, I'm in a meeting. " He says in a rushed and irritated voice.

"Yeah well you better make it a good time because your daughter is hurt and at home and she won't answer the damn phone." I say clearly giving him attitude.

"What? What's going on Addilyne?" He says with full interest.

"I just got a phone call from a blocked number telling me I needed to check on Lesley because they hurt her and that they were proud of what they did to her. " I say as I exit off the highway into town.

"Okay, okay. Just stay calm Add. I'm sure everything is fine. I'll head home in just a few minutes. I'm assuming you're on your way there. So call me if something is wrong. I'll see you in about 30 minutes. I love you." He says calmly.

"Love you too dad." I say and hang up. I turn onto our street and I start to have a bad feeling. I pull into the driveway, put the car in park and run to the door.
The door is wide open, broken from someone trying to get in. I walk in the destroyed house. I look on the floor and see blood.

"Lesley!?" I yell, frantically looking for my little sister. I look around the entire lower half of the house. No sign of her. Kinley walks in with Lane on her hip. She puts her hand over her mouth and gasps at what she sees.

"Kin call 911" I say before I bound up the stairs. I look in the bathroom and see that there's blood on the bathroom door. I start to cry.

"Lesley!!" I yell again. I check her room, not there. I check dads, not there either. I stop in front of my door. It's the only other place she could be.
I slowly open the door to see blood all over the floor. Leading to my bed. I slowly raise my eyes up to see my unconscious, bleeding sister. She had been thrown on the bed, face down. Her arm hangs from the bed, almost touching the floor. I run up to her flipping her over and pulling her to the floor with her in my lap.
I check her pulse, just like grandma taught us to do. I wait a few seconds, then 10 seconds go by and tears start spilling out of my eyes. And suddenly, I feel a heartbeat...