He's the one!

Today is going to be an amazing day! It's Brodie's birthday, he's turning 15. I can't believe how old he is, I feel like I have known him for like 20 years but I haven't, I've only known him for 5. I have the biggest surprise planned for him after school. His parents told him he wasn't allowed a party this year, even though he's 15. They told him he was only allowed 2-3 friends over, and guess who he invited? Zaine, Kate and myself! I was so excited to go back to his place, his little sister loves me! He has no idea what's about to hit him!

*Last session of school for the day*
I'm sitting in English, supposed to be reading but I'm not, next to Brodie. He had his iPad out in front of him typing something, I wanted to see what he was up to so I got up to get a tissue and as I walk pass I see at the top, "my dream birthday". I start to walk slower as I want to read as much as I can. He had written down all the people he wanted to go, what food and drinks he wanted and even what games to play. Our English teacher already knew it was his birthday so I quietly go up to him and ask him if the class could sing happy birthday. He's such a great teacher and he let us do it, I asked Zaine to record it secretly as I was pretending to do it on his, but really I was looking at his list he had written.

I'm thinking to myself, "I hope he realises that he has the best friend in the whole world". I walk out of class acting natural and as soon as I see Kate and Zaine I grab them to the side of the hall. I memorised the list and asked them to split and collect the items. It was a bit last minute but some of the things he wanted I didn't already have. I had been planning this for weeks on end and I informed his mum I was doing this. For me to set up I needed him out of the house, a distraction. I asked his mum if she could take him to the movies so I had time to prepare. I had gotten everything from streamers to balloons filled with helium!

*Around 3:30pm*
The party starts at 5:00pm and I have a lot to get done. I can't do it all by myself so I get my friends to help, there's streamers to be put up, balloons to be inflated and the cake needs to be picked up. I'm rushing around but I want to make this the most perfect party ever, because he's the best guy to be around. I'm so nervous right now, the time has flown bye and I only have 30 minutes left!!

Everyone starts to arrive and I give them a special place to surprise him. We turn most of the lights off but left one or two on as we didn't want to spoil it too much. His dad had picked up the cake from down the road and it looks absolutely amazing. His cake is a dirt track with his motorbike and number on it, I can't believe they actually did this.
*4:50pm*
Omg, so he's about to arrive home and I only just finish putting everything together. We turn off the music, get into our positions and we wait.. we wait for him to walk through the front doors so we can jump out and yell 'surprise!!'. We hear a car faintly in the distance and start to get really nervous. His mum was talking really loudly so we could hear when he was gonna walk in. She unlocks the door and everyone jumps up, throwing balloons at the same time. The expression on his face was undescribable, he was shocked, scared and happy. I started to cry when I found out how happy he was about it. He slowly walks through the crowd towards me, i can't stop thinking what he's going to say to me. He finally reaches me and manages to spit out, "Did you do this?, following "I can't believe the amount of effort that has gone into this". I just smile and say, "you deserve it!". His smile just grows and grows.

So I'm going to be writing a 2nd part to this chapter as there's more. Stay tuned!
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really do appreciate it.
Love you lots Xx -Ang❤️