Birthdays

(Emily's pov)

Summer was quiet except a few shouting matches I had with Sev.While at Sev's I mostly stayed in my room.Remus was trying to get us to make up but I knew he was secretly furious at Sev.

It was nighttime and I woke up from a dream,or a nightmare,I honestly didn't know.Pettigrew,Voldemort,a young man and an old man.The snake killed the old man and they were talking about killing Harry and they already killed another woman.

I woke up panting and sweating.My wrist felt like it was going to explode.I let out a shriek of pain and about ten seconds later Sev came in.You would think I was used to pain,the amount of things I had gone through but no I was not.It actually got worse every time.

"What's wrong?"Sev asked,his wand up and lit.

"Nothing.I'm fine.It's only my wrist"I replied forgetting about our earlier fight.

"Show me"he said and without permission,he took my arm and lifted my sleeve.There was only my scar which contrasted with my extremely pale skin.I looked away.

"Potter's scar hurts when he's near the Dark Lord.What happened?Did you just wake up or did something happen?"he bombarded me with questions and I told him about the dream.

"I best tell Albus" he said and was about to leave the room but I stopped him.

"Sev,we need to talk"He nodded and sat down on the chair,turning it to face me.

"Sev,why can't you be nice?I know you probably have a reason for being cold and all but please tell me.You can trust me and then maybe I'll understand more.And I know there's more to the story so if you tell me,I'll tell you something about...Dad and how he escaped"I pleaded.Sev made me so angry sometimes,well most of the time but I missed him.He may not have been nurturing like Remus but he had his moments.

"I can't.You'll find out one day"he said standing up"Are we okay?"he asked.I nodded and he shook my hand(nice right?) and left so I could get some sleep.

The 31st of July approached quickly,which meant Cece's,Harry's and Neville's birthdays.Cece and Nevile were going to visit their parents in Saint Mungos so I decided to go visit my godbrother Harry.I didn't think Sev would like it but who cares?Sev was still being careful around me because I would probably snap at him if he was doing anything wrong.I was dressed in a casual black dress and I walked down the stairs to see Sev.

"What are you doing up so early?"he asked me,raising one of his eyebrows.

"I'm going to Harry's.It's his birthday and I wanted to give him his present personally"I said,picking up the wrapped present.

"What about Longbottom?"he asked and I froze.

"You knew?Didn't you?"I said turning around to him.

"It was better off for her not to know until she was old enough.Sometimes it is better not to know your family.Now if you're going to Potter's go now before I change my mind"I nodded to him and apparated to Privet Drive.I looked around and all the houses looked the same.People were looking at me weirdly.I thought I looked pretty normal.Didn't all muggles wear dresses with converse?That girl with the green and black hair had.They all looked like snobs honestly.I found number four and walked up and knocked.

A woman who looked a couple of years older than Sev and Remus opened the door.She had blonde hair and blue eyes.She had a long neck and I personally thought she looked like a horse.

"Who are you?What do you want?"she asked,more like snapped.I,knowing that his aunt and uncle didn't like Harry,lied.

"I'm Emily.I go to your son's school and he told me I could come over"