40 - Round Two

A mistake repeated more than once is a decision

"So. Did you get the video?" I ask Chase as he pumps gas into his car.

"Yeah, how do you feel about it," he asks. I furrow my eyebrows confused. How could he still be asking me?

"Me? What about you? They lied and tricked you. They drugged you Chase," I point out.

"Yeah but," Chase sighs, placing the gas pump back into its spot. He opens the door sitting back into the driver's seat and starts the car. Before driving he turns to face me. "I still chose to act like a complete asshole when I found out you were a Knight. Then it was my choice to drink a bottle of alcohol and kiss Angela! Even if I didn't know who I was talking to," Chase explains.

"I don't care," I breathe out.

"I do! Charm you should absolutely hate me right now. Kissing is still cheating drunk or not. I still fucked up whether I was fucked up or not. Hate me, punch me, yell at me." I place my hand under Chase's jaw trying to ease his worries and guilt. My thumb outlining his jawline and running over his bottom lip.

"Please stop. I forgiven you one hundred percent. I don't care if you fucked up before. You wouldn't now and that's all I care about. You and only you," I whisper softly. Chase leans in connecting our lips in a haste and I can't help but laugh.

"Why are you laughing," he mumbles.

"Because you're cute. Now drive so we can party," I plead. Chase rolls his eyes and begins driving. Within 20 minutes of music and conversations we finally reach it. It's in a huge mansion, I wonder who it belongs to. Probably one of the rich kids at my school. All the girls are still wearing their prom dresses while boys suit jackets litter the front lawn.

Chase opens my door for me holding his hand out. "Chivalrous. That's new," I comment, taking his hand. We walk into the house, the smell of alcohol and weed surging through the air.

"Where have you been! There's already been like two fights," Tristan and AJ run over to Chase and I.

"Who?" I ask, curious. The party literally just started.

"Well Zach and Dylan for one," AJ points behind him to Zach and Dylan icing their faces laughing as they talk. No suit jackets, Dylan's shirt unbuttoned all the way and his crown tilted on his head.

"I mean anyone actually worth my interest?" I ask. Dylan and Zach were just play-fighting like they always do. They both always go hardcore for bruises and blood. But that's just them roughing around.

"No. Just some other kids from other schools," Tristan shrugs. We walk over to the rest of the guys in the kitchen.

"Here," Dylan hands me a drink and I take it. "They're doing shots, beer pong, pool in the back, games upstairs or some shit," Dylan explains the layout of this party. I nod while drinking the sprite he's given me.

"How's it feel losing prom king," I tease Zach. He rolls his eyes while drinking his beer. A smirk behind his cup showing he isn't completely mad about it.

"Better Dylan than anyone else," Zach shrugs, harshly patting Dylan's back. "Plus. I kicked his ass," Zach throws his head back finishing his beer. He crushes the cup in his hand, tossing it elsewhere.

"Where is everyone," I question looking around. It's only Zach, Dylan and I. The others must've wandered off.

"I don't know but I do know you're my partner in beer pong," Dylan grabs my hand and we run out of the room with Zach following behind.

•••

"And that's another win for us!" I gloat high-giving Dylan with both hands. We've played many rounds and the alcohol buzz is beginning to kick in. Zach left to go dance with a girl. I've seen Hendrix walk around here once with a girl again. The rest I haven't seen, including Chase. Weird.