12 - Cherry on Top

Sometimes you'll never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory

"Come on," I whine.

"Fine, ten minutes. That's it," Chase says.

"Yeeeee! It's gonna be more than ten minutes. Now put this on," I hand him a blind fold and he takes it from me staring back at me. "Please. Just for two seconds," I beg.

He rolls his eyes putting on the blindfold. I place my hands on his shoulders and lead him outside his room. "Okay step, step, step," I lead him down the stairs.

"Ah shit," Chase trips on the last step but catches himself before falling.

"Oops guess there was one more. My forgetful mind, you know," I say innocently. I completely forgot. You can't blame me.

"Yeah forgot," Chase says sarcastically. I replace my hands on his shoulders leading him into the kitchen.

"K sit here," I place his hand on the stool in front of him and he does the rest. "Not yet!" I shout running to the other side of the counter so I'm in front of him.

"Okay and open!" I clap my hands together once as he takes off his blindful.

"What is this," he asks, staring at the ingredients in front of us.

"A midnight ice cream bar!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air.

"I'm skipping work for something I can just order," he says.

"Shut up. This is fun. What would you like sir," I ask, holding up the three different ice cream flavours in my hand. He raises one of his eyebrows at me.

"Anything. Use plastic bowls I'm not washing," Chase mentions.

"They're too small. I'm using one big bowl then," I pull out a huge glass bowl and place it down. "Watch and learn Chase face," I begin by taking out an ice cream scoop.

"How hungry are you?" I ask, scooping the ice cream into balls. I place them each in the glass bowl. I got neapolitan ice cream.

"Didn't eat dinner. Was working late," Chase retorts, running a hand through his hair.

"Me neither. Ice cream for dinner then," I continue scooping the rest of the ice cream into the bowl.

"Why didn't you eat? You can order something if you're busy. On me," Chase adds in.

"Shhh. I was busy with school work and I'm okay. I ate a big lunch." I take the empty ice cream tub and throw it out.

"What was the point in scooping the ice cream out one by one if you're using the whole thing," Chase asks.

"Ice cream balls!" I shout. I begin my next phase by taking the chocolate sauce and squirting it all over the ice cream.

"This is going to make you sick," Chase points out. He knows a lot of sugar at once makes me sick.

"Shhh! Let the chef cook," I shush him, throwing cut up fruit onto the ice cream.

"You aren't cooking," Chase points out again. He's got a smug smirk on his face. He's teasing me on purpose.

"Just shhh," I grab a pack of assorted sugar coated gummy candies and rip it open. The candy pieces jump out of the bag going everywhere. "My bad," I mutter, pouring the rest of the candy into the bag.

"You should get a puppy," I suggest, taking strawberry sauce out of the fridge. I pour it all over the ice cream.

"Why would I get a dog and easy," Chase takes his hand, taking the strawberry sauce away from me. I pick up a bag of shredded coconut and hold it up.