28 - Self Sabotage

For those I love, I will sacrifice 

"Wake her!" "No, you do it!" "What is so bad about waking her up!" "Nothing!" "She just has um morning breath" "Yeah more definitely. Like a dragon." "Toxic" "Alex, just wake her!" "Okay. Okay fine!"

I feel my shoulder being shook and immediately flinch, grabbing the arm and twisting it. I take out my pocket knife and open my eyes aiming for the abdomen. I stop myself as quickly as I can with barely a scratch.

"Oh shit," I drop my knife and let go of Alex's hand. I stand up quickly looking around at everyone. Everyone around me bursts out into laughter and tears.

"Shut up," I grumble. "Sorry Alex. Are you okay," I ask as he looks at me stunned. 

"Uh yeah. Remind me not to wake you up again," Alex walks off as the others laugh.

"Shut up. It's not funny," I roll my eyes and fold up the blanket on the couch. We all slept in the living room last night. Some on the floor, some on the couches.

"Alright but how do we wake you up," Hendrix asks from the kitchen.

"With a long stick or pole," Zach answers.

"Oh and make sure you have a firm grip. Or she'll literally flip you over," Tristan adds. He looks at me remembering the memory of what happened. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Zach and Dylan both laugh recalling that morning.

"Anyways let's just hurry up and get to the office," I roll my eyes.

"We're actually doing the meeting here. The others are just going to meet us here," Chase explains.

"Also we have bad news," Shawn says while I walk over to them in the kitchen.

"What is it?" I ask, opening the fridge. I pull out fruit and ingredients to make a smoothie.

"Tell you later," Chase says before walking off. Weird. Everyone gets prepared for the mission. Showering, eating, getting dressed. Not in that order but you get it. Eventually Logan and Angela are here within an hour. We all meet in the dining room.

"First thing I want to start off with is to ask Charm if she's ready to go on missions after the minor incident on the last mission," Logan starts.

"Minor incident. She got shot four times dumbass," Dylan rolls his eyes.

"Sorry, poor choice of words," Logan clears his throat, turning to me.

"It was like a month ago. I'm fine, I only bled through the stitches like twice," I say keeping a content expression on my face.

"Alright. Teams are changing this time," Logan informs us. He begins explaining the goal and objective of the mission.

"Tristan and Alex. You guys are our best marksman so you're sticking together. Guard the building, notify us who's in and out, where and when. Got it," Chase says.

"Sure thing boss," Alex fist-bumps Tristan.

"Alright now. Shawn, Charm, Angela and AJ are teaming for the first part," Chase explains, receiving a loud, utterly groan from AJ, Shawn and I.

"You're a team. You don't have a choice," Logan says.

"Angela, just stick to the rules. Don't whine or complain. Don't fuck up, simple," I tell her from across the table.

"Easy," she replies, staring at her nails.

"Dylan you're with me," Chase says.

"Let's go!" Dylan holds his handout for Chase to high-five. Chase stares at it for a few seconds before chuckling and high-fiving him back.