16 ~ A Night with Mr. Shields

A single lie discovered is enough to
create doubt in every truth expressed

"Where are you going," Chase asks. He's leaning against my bedroom door watching me curl my hair.

"A party," I answer, straightening my hair.

"You're suspended this week. You aren't going out," he says and I laugh.

"Yeah okay. If this is your form of an apology then you aren't forgiven," I reply.

"I'm serious Luck y-"

"So we are back to Luck. Which means you aren't mad anymore," I think out loud.

"I was ne-"

"Dont," I put my hand up. I stand up and walk over to Chase. But he's taller than me so I take a few steps back. "Should I repeat the words you said to me," I ask.

"No but you still aren't going tonight. You're staying," Chase demands.

"Yo boss! This information is so much better than Santiago himself. We got everything literally! An- oh hi Lucky Charms," Logan holds out his hand for me to shake.

"You're welcome," I say, turning on my heels and walking to my closet. As I change I overhear talking in the hallway.

"Dude, just apologize. We all should. She gave us way more than we were expecting," Logan's voice is prominent as I put on a pink lace bodysuit.

"She's still off the team. She never listens," I hear Leo's voice. I throw on a pair of white jean shorts.

"Whenever she doesn't listen. It benefits us, she knows how to play the game better than us," Alex whisper-yells to the guys. I walk out of my closet and press my ear against the door eavesdropping.

"That doesn't matter. She isn't the leader," Antonio argues.

"Okay say she listened. She stayed back on the mission we told her not to come on. Who knows if we would've caught Carlos. Say she went in the vent. She wouldn't have gotten the USB and downloaded data. Say she didn't kill Santiago. He would've lied or gaven us barely any information before we killed him. Face it we need Charm and you have to admit that!" I hear Alex's voice.

"He's right," I hear Chase admit. "But she's suspended temporarily from the team right now. I'm not letting her back on just yet," Chase adds.

I hold my middle fingers up to the door even though he can't see me. I'm so angry.

"Logan and I have to go. Antonio, you're in charge of watching her. Make sure she doesn't leave at all!" Chase orders.

"Ahh come on. Why do I have to babysit the brat," Antonio speaks. Oh I definitely have something prepared for Antonio.

"Because I'm your fucking boss. Don't call her a brat," Chase growls. I hear a ton of footsteps before heading back to my closet. I grab a black hoodie which I think is Zach's. I put sweatpants on top before walking out.

I walk downstairs slowly and only Antonio is on the couch. "You can't leave," he grumbles, flipping through the channels.

"No shit. I'm wearing sweats. Where would I be going," I give him an attitude back. "Want a grape slushy," I ask as I walk in the kitchen.

"Sure!" I hear him shout. Dumb bitch.

I grab a bunch of ice and place it in the blender. I take out grape syrup and pour some in. I add in some grape jolly ranchers before blending. I pour some of it out in a cup for myself. I then look through the cupboards until I find it. NyQuil.