Chapter 24: Troubles Stacking

💫 Drops of Starlight 💫
By Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

Thanks for the reviews/comments! Knowing there are people enjoying this story makes it feel all the more worthwhile. I really do appreciate the feedback, of any kind really, it helps me gauge how everyone is interpreting the fic. To every reader who's left one, you're all rockstars :)

Additionally, thank you for the "kudos", "bookmarks", and "votes for" on AO3 and Wattpad as well as the follows and favorites on fanfic . net

Of course, just dedicating time out of your day each week to read a chapter is already enough, so thanks for reading!

_________________________________
Chapter 24: Troubles Stacking
_________________________________

Seiya stumbled away from the front door, mentally berating herself. Unfortunately, she was wearing a blue unisex pajama set and a snug sports bra that obscured her feminine contours. With her hair tied back in a low ponytail and no makeup, it was unsurprising that the Three Lights fan recognized her instantly.

Usagi attempted to wrap up the conversation promptly. "Uh, I think you're mistaken, but anyhow, sorry again for the disruption. Good night, now!" She slammed the door in their stunned faces and whirled around.

"Bun Head, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking," Seiya whispered, fully aware that the woman and her daughter were still there. She heard the girl exclaim, "Mom, I've gotta call Ayako and Miyuu! They won't believe this, they're huge Three Lights fans!"

"It's okay," Usagi said, looking concerned. "We knew this might happen..."

They crept away from the door, and as if on cue, Chibi-Usa released an ear-piercing cry. Usagi winced. Mrs. Saito would be cussing her out for sure.

"Forget her." Seiya frowned. "She's a baby, what does she expect? She's going to cry."

"I just don't want to be the annoying neighbor," Usagi said with a sigh. She approached Seiya and accepted Chibi-Usa. "I'm going to feed her and tuck her in for bed..."

"Alright." Seiya brushed her lips against Usagi's forehead. "Mind if I take a bath?"

"It's all yours." Usagi bit her lip. "Um, just be aware that the bathroom door sometimes creeps back open if it's not shut all the way." She didn't know what would happen if she caught another glimpse of Seiya naked. Heat flooded from her neck to her scalp at the memory.

"Now you tell me?" Seiya smirked before disappearing down the hall.

As Usagi fed Chibi-Usa in the bedroom rocking chair, she heard Seiya humming amid the drumming of water next door. When the faucet went off, Seiya's mellifluous voice floated through the air, carrying an unfamiliar tune.

Usagi shut her eyes, allowing herself to become immersed in the musician's rich voice. It generated a warm, tingling sensation throughout her body. Though she couldn't decipher the lyrics, the melody itself gave her gooseflesh. 

At that moment, Usagi could vividly recall being on the Ferris wheel, her hands and face pressed against the glass, listening to Seiya sing during one of the Three Lights' final concerts. She would never forget the way Seiya gazed directly at her, smiled, and sang as if just for her.

Usagi wondered, if neither of them were sailor guardians, if they were simply normal people, would Seiya have still chosen her? When she had so many other adoring girls to pick from?  The thought of Seiya with anyone else made her belly squeeze in a way she didn't like, so she pushed the uncomfortable thought away.