Chapter 1: Back in the Atmosphere

💫 Drops of Starlight 💫

by Strawberry Moon Rose

🍓🌙🌹

Hello, readers! This story has practically written itself and I'm so excited to share it with you. I'm having a blast writing it and hope you enjoy it as well!

New chapters will be posted Mondays.

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.

_________________________________

Chapter 1: Back in the Atmosphere

_________________________________

What's this sudden burst of energy? It can't be. Those three have left the planet? Yes, it seems. Left their Princess in the hands of the others. What fools. As I suspected, they have no idea they just provided me with the opening I need, the opening I've been waiting all these years for.

Fighter... Healer... Maker... I hope you enjoy your journey to Earth.

Because I'm coming with you. And I'll be waiting for you there.

Waiting for the perfect chance...

_________________________________

The trip from Kinmoku left Sailor Star Fighter buzzing when they landed. The galactic voyage, which had spanned weeks though it seemed like mere minutes, had brought them to a distant star system. They were here.

Earth. More specifically, Tokyo, Japan. The year 2000. And apparently winter as snowflakes danced down around them like confetti. Seiya stumbled backward, blinded by the sudden brightness. The crisp city air of this planet almost took her back instantly. It had been a significant seven years since they last stood on this very rooftop. So much had happened, and so many years passed. But for a moment, it seemed only seconds ago.

"I'll never quite get used to that trip," Sailor Star Maker complained. She pinched the crease between her eyebrows as if massaging away a headache.

Sailor Star Healer shivered, her teeth chattering animatedly. She hugged her petite frame tightly with her leather-gloved arms. "Damn! S-S-Some weather here. Ugh."

Fighter gazed at the very spot they stood on during their last encounter. The memory of that moment flooded her mind - the sun had set, casting a golden hue upon the blonde figure that glowed like an angel. That black cat Yaten had a fondness for, draped around her shoulder like a scarf... What was her name again? Oh yeah, Luna.

The icy air sent goosebumps rising on Fighter's exposed skin, reminding them that their sailor guardian outfits were far from suitable for such frigid temperatures.

"Let's let our transformations go," Fighter instructed.

"Are we going to assume our previous disguises?" asked Maker.

Healer wrinkled her nose. "Ugh, not this time. You know how much I hated being a boy. It's been so long, I don't think I can get used to it again."

Fighter chuckled. "Well, there is no need to disguise ourselves as the Three Lights anymore. It's probably best we take on our true forms. We might still be recognized if we appear as men."

"Agreed," Maker concurred.

In unison, the three Sailor Starlights were enveloped in a flash of light that vanished as quickly as it came.

"Ah, much better." Yaten tugged on the fluffy earmuffs and brushed a wisp of silver bangs off her face with her mittens.

"I'm glad I listened to your advice about dressing warmly, Taiki!" Seiya said. "You were right. Even though it was hot as hell in this getup when we left our planet."