Chapter 45:- The night to remember

Sultan's POV

The lowest sound of the opening of the door woke me up.

Every pore of my body was in pain. My wounds were deep even though the medicine man applied various ointments on my wounds. I couldn't even sleep. But the privilege of fighting for the nation comes with the probability of infliction of the deepest wounds. Even with that understanding, sometimes pain becomes unbearable.

I tried to sleep in my chambers but it was in vain. I also ensure that I was surrounded by the pitch-black darkness but the sleep neglected me.

I simply closed my eyes and tried to sleep. However, the low sound of the opening of the door alerted me. I tried to feign sleep. Wanted to know who was the intruder at this time of the night.

A figure climbed up on my bed. Through a little ray of the moonlight, I could see it having a sharp-looking thing in its hand. Was it a dagger?

I grabbed the hand of the intruder and threw him off the bed. I got on its top and tried to take away the same object in its hands. How we to my surprise, it wasn't the dagger. The object was a feather.

"Get off me you sick barbarian!" shouted a voice. A female voice. My happiness knew no bounds. It's was Serena!

"Nope, I won't! I know why you are here!" I chuckled.

"Why?" she asked me.

"Because you want me," I said as I tickled her stomach and she burst out laughing.

"No I came here because... Because..." she tried to speak.

"Because?" I asked her, she was still pinned by my arms.

"Because I wanted to say sorry. I am sorry. For being angry with you." she said almost reluctantly. I grinned. Just like me, she too found it hard to apologise.

"I forgive you ." I chuckled.

"Good. Now you too apologise!" she almost ordered me.

"Why?" I was shocked.

"Because you wrote a letter to my father about our relationship. Without my consent. I thought we both would tell him about it! Together!" she exclaimed.

"Fine, I am sorry," I said. I could feel her grinning despite the pitch-dark room.

"Now let us see the damage". She removed my clothes very gently and got inside my blanket.

Her hands explored my whole body while I tried hard not to grab her. She kissed my wounds and told me that everything will be alright. I was struggling to hide my arousal and not holding her.

"Do you have any idea how a male body works when it comes to loving his love?" I ask her.

"Nope. This is the first time for me when I am falling in love. Though I would like to know the answer to your question." she replied. I could sense innocence and curiosity in her answer.

"Let me show you," I said as I pinned her down and started kissing her neck. I removed the topmost buttons of her attire and attacked her nape of the neck. I licked it. Sucked it. And bit it gently.

"Ahh" she moaned. She tried to get up but I pulled her down and attacked her lips. I bit and sucked her lower lip. Slowly. Sensually. Soon she too joined me. Her hands wrapping me and her fingers clawing my back.

I felt like I would lose my control over her. What if her father would come to know about it? No. I cannot jeopardise any chance to get her hand. I have to drive her away.

I stopped in between and made her get up from the bed.

"What happened? Am I... am I not good enough?" She sounded confused. And hurt.

"Trust me I would have not stopped had you been my wife. You are that desirable!" I said.

I could feel her relaxing.

"How about this? I welcome your family to the palace and ask for your hand? Formally? And then lose my control on you?" I asked her.

"Hmmm that sounds logical. Very intelligent. Okay then, I shall see you tomorrow morning." She said.

"Give me a moment please" I said as I dressed up, lifted her and carried her to her chamber. Her chamber was lit by the burning logs at  fireplace.

"Oh my God! Your wounds are worse than I imagined!" She exclaimed as soon as we entered her chamber and I shut the door.

"Now, I want you to sleep. Without worrying about me. Please give me a day or two to recover and then call your family. Can you cooperate that much?" I asked and she nodded.

"Good. I have to go to my chamber before I lose my control again! See you in the court tomorrow dear!" I rushed towards my room as soon as she laid on her bed.