James Patrick March (3)

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ɪ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱

You groaned in frustration as James laid down his set of cards,once again beating you.
Even though he would win  every game,you loved spending this time with him.
Since getting sucked into Hotel Cortez's vortex you found peace sitting across from James playing any and every card game.
James would give you tips on how to beat someone if you were to play with anyone else but never enough so that you could beat him.
But you always took on the challenge.
"You'll get it one day,darling."
James said smirking and picking up the cards to reshuffle them.
"What game shall we play next?"
You thought for a moment but figured since you would loose any game he would pick,you would hit him with something different.
With a smirk,you reached over to grab the cards from his hand
"Have you ever played twenty one pick up?"
You asked with a raised brow,shuffling the cards some more.
James looked at you and blinked in confusion. He had never heard of the game and he was for sure he knew every card game
"Why no...what is that?"
You gave him a smirk before throwing the cards at him.
All twenty one cards laid on the ground by his feet
"You have to pick them up,silly."
You laughed at the confused look on his face but James didn't find it as funny as you would expect.
He stood up and slammed his fist on the table,shaking everything that laid on it.
You jumped back from shock
"That's obscene."
The anger in his deep growl like voice and the harsh expression painted on his face was enough to make you feel small.
You sunk a bit into your chair and could feel your bottom lip tremble.
You went to open your mouth to apologize for disrespecting him and his cards but James cut you off.
He was laughing now
"I got you back."
He said in between laughs as he reached down to pick up the cards.
"That's not funny you almost made me cry,'' you stuck your tongue out at him "At least my joke wasn't scary."
James sat back down across you as you huffed and puffed.
You crossed your arms against your chest and looked the other way.
You could hear James chuckle and reshuffle the cards
"Oh,my love,are you upset?"
He asked
You kept your head turned and didn't say anything
"What if I kissed you?''
You whipped your head back to the man in front of you in confusion
"Would that make you feel better,darling?''
Your cheeks were hot now and you could feel yourself start to get nervous.
Before you could answer back,James had already leaned over.
He gave you a quick and sweet kiss on the lips.
Nothing too serious and intense but enough to make you feel dizzy and if you were standing your knees probably would have given out.
He pulled back and began to shuffle the cards again,dealing you and him some.
He acted as if nothing happened while you sat across from him with a goofy look on your face,feeling very flustered.
"Now since you ruined your chance of picking a game,I shall pick one."
He said smirking at you.
"I doubt you'll concentrate though.''
And boy was he right.