James Patrick March (1)

The air smelled of champagne and exotic candles

The air smelled of champagne and exotic candles. You were convinced by a old friend to come to hotel Cortez for one of it's yearly parties the owner and founder of the building,James Patrick March,would hold.
Laughter rang in your ears as you sat at your table alone all dressed up.
You didn't fit in with high class parties and you felt out of place.
You sipped from your champagne glass and watched around as the men and women danced and laughed,having a grand time.
You let out a sigh and took the final sip telling yourself it was time to head home.
You made your way towards the large doorway that led out of the ballroom. You were now met with silence that hung heavy in the air on the other side of the door.
It was almost spooky how quiet it was compared to the room you had left.
The only sound to be heard now was the clicking of your heels that echoed as you walked.
You had almost made it to the exit when a voice abruptly stopped you.
"Leaving so soon my dear?"
You jumped and whisked around startled from the sudden voice.
You were now face to face with the man himself and the whole reason this building stood.
"Oh,Mr.March!" You said placing your hand on your chest "you almost gave me a heart attack."
James chuckled. It was low and monotoned but enough to make you giggle with him.
"I don't mean to be rude but I probably need to head back home."
You finally said trying to be polite without seeming rude for wanting to leave so earlier
"The nights still so young,darling! Why on earth would you want to leave?"
James questioned as he inched closer to you. You backed up a bit and could feel your cheeks heat up. You never really got the chance to look at him so up close and he was more attractive than you pictured.
You stumbled with words trying to figure out what to say
"I'm not much a party person to be honest," you explained "I just feel out of place in there but it is really lovely this hotel is just grand."
James smiled big when you heard your compliment and reached his hand out towards you
"Well why don't you take a tour of it? Wouldn't want to bore you with the party and make you go home."
Without wanting to feel rude again you took his hand,letting him lead you down the halls.
You both took a sharp corner and it felt as though you stepped in a different world by how different the halls suddenly looked.
You watched in amazement by how large the hallways were as well.
You walked further in the halls until you came towards a elevator.
"Going up?" You asked with curiosity as you watched the numbers lower to the floor you both were on.
"Oh no," James said "we're going down."
The elevator doors opened before you could ask but you let him lead the way again.
On the way down was silent and the only sound was the beeping and doors opening again.
This hallway was incredibly dark and the only light was from a open hotel room.
Your heart beat faster with nerves as you followed this man who you had only heard about in newspapers. It didn't dawn on you how silly it was to follow someone you didn't actually know. But by then it was a little too late.
You stood in the hotel room, admiring how beautiful it was.
"This must be your room I take it?"
You asked watching James pull out his own bottle of champagne.
Without answering your question,James began to talk about something else. Getting straight to the point of why he had brought you here.
"You know," James spoke as he began to pour the champagne into two glasses. "You shouldn't follow a stranger anywhere if you don't know them. It's obscene,the world." He handed you your glass as you listened to him.
"You my darling are different than the rest. You are very breathtakingly beautiful."
You suddenly felt warm as he talked. The butterflies in your stomach making you get redder in the face than earlier.
"I would be a fool to say I didn't notice you the moment you walked in. I was fascinated by how someone like you could just stay to yourself."
He sat down at the table and motioned towards you to sit across from him.
You did so and held onto your glass of champagne.
"Thank you," you finally spoke "you are incredibly sweet Mr.March."
He held his hand up and smiled at you
"You can call me James,dear."
You nodded finally taking a sip of your drink
"Well,James,thank you. No one has ever said something so nice to me."
He walked over towards a record player still talking to you as he went through some records.
"It's a shame that someone so lovely never gets the recognition you deserve."
He finally pulled out a record and placed it on the turn table. The room was suddenly filled with sweet piano music.
Everything from the candles that majority lit the room from the music felt like a dream.
James grabbed your hand and pulled you towards him. You blushed like crazy as he gently swayed you to the music. You didn't object to it. In fact,you felt like home. His body was so warm and comforting. It didn't phase you how quick everything had suddenly went. An hour ago you had never met the man personally and now you had your head laid on his chest as you both danced to the sweet melody.
You could have sworn you had read something like this moment in a fairytale when you were a child but you weren't about to complain.
When you looked up at James you noticed he was smiling at you. His eyes showed so much admiration like he had just got a new prize possession.
"You have made my night more than the champagne."
You laughed at his comment which earned you a bigger smile from him.
"I think you're the one who made my night,James. I was going to go home and sleep of it weren't for you."
James placed his hand on your cheek right as the music switched to another song. He creased his thumb along your smooth skin and looked you in the eye.
"Stay with me tonight,love."
Your heart skipped a beat again for the millionth time that night. He certainly had a way with words. No wonder he was so popular around your town.
You placed a quick kiss on his lips and your body eased as he kissed you back.
"I would love nothing more than to spend the night with you."
James grinned and kissed  you again only this time with more passion than your shy kiss seconds earlier.
"Good," he said "now let's have some more fun."

Should I make a part two of this? Maybe smutt? maybe not? who knows but every request is getting down in order so please request some more because I'm almost done with all request so far. Thank you for all the love and hope you all enjoyed so far! Xoxo