Winter Anderson (1)

Winter Anderson x Reader
"Pinky to pinky"

Winter Anderson x Reader"Pinky to pinky"

She sat in the back of the class. Brown hair braided into two sections and eyes glued onto the thick book open on her desk.
Her eyes followed the words as she turned each page. You could see the cracked nail polish on her finger but were nearly blinded from the rings she wore.
You were mesmerized from the sight. It wasn't until the girl felt your stare and looked up that you finally looked away. Your cheeks felt warm from embarrassment as you quickly sat in your new seat.
You felt your leg bounce with nerves as you waited for the teacher to come into the classroom. What you were fearing the most suddenly happened. A light tap on your shoulder from behind caught your attention and you looked back.
It was the girl you were starring at.
"I like your shirt." She said,pointing at the band tee that you were wearing.
"Im Winter," she said again "Winter Anderson."
From that moment on a friendship had started. The two of you became inseparable.
Winter was a strange character you had learned. She was fragile but strong and you had noticed she hardly talked to anyone unless school had required it. She came to you for all her problems,including her home life which you learned was far from perfect.
One day you had noticed she didn't show up for class but you had seen her earlier. You asked to use the restroom and went to see if you could find her. You went to the usual spot,where the two of you had lunch,under the gym bleachers.
She was sat under there with tear stained cheeks,mascara running and trembled bottom lip.
When she noticed you her tears streamed more and she quickly embraced you in a hug,almost knocking you down.
"It was so awful y/n." Winter cried,her whole body shaking violently with each whimper.
"It was a house of horrors I can't get the images out of my head." Winter grabbed your hand and interlocked her pinkie with yours. She looked you in the eyes
"Please promise you won't ever leave me?" The question took you by surprise but you quickly answered to reassure your friend.
"I promise."

A few years had passed since then. Brown haired Winter now had silver hair. It was either braided or put in a high bun. She was outspoken for her beliefs and always attending protest to make sure her voice was heard. And it always was.
What you knew for certain was that all these years since she said she liked your shirt was that you always felt the two of you had a deeper connection then you spoke about. You always kept it to yourself not knowing if it was just your thinking.
You sat in her bedroom now. Winter laid next to you on her bed,scrolling on her laptop.
"Winter can I ask you something?" You asked. Thinking about your friendship made you want to ask what got her attention in the first place to talk to you. Well,minus the fact you got caught starring.
"Of course. Why shouldn't you?" She kept her eyes on her screen as she went through forums of some kind.
"How come you came up to me that day in class?"
Winted quit scrolling and looked back at you. She smiled softly before getting up from off her stomach. She now sat next to you. She kept eye contact as she answered
"Because you're vibe was different than anyone. Plus you had my favorite band on your shirt. It was fate,we were bound to be friends sooner or later anyways."
Her poetic answer caused your cheeks to light up red. It wasn't that sweet but her soft voice and how she managed to keep eye contact meant she was being sincere.
You couldn't help but to keep thinking how lovely and angelic she was and how she had managed to still be that way after so many years.
"Now can I be honest with you,y/n?" Winter asked but went to talking before you could answer
"I've felt more than just a friendship connection with you. I think you're my soul mate. Our souls have a connection like no other. The reason your vibe was different was because our souls interlocked that day."
Her hand touched your warm cheek. Just like her voice,her touch was soft and gentle.
You smiled and placed your hand on top of hers. You thumb trailed along it
"Are you trying to say you're in love with me?" You teased which made Winter smile. She giggled and moved her hand from off your face.
She raised her pinky in the air
"I think I am madly in love with you,y/n. And I promise that I will always love you."
You lifted your pinky in the air and wrapped it on hers,locking it in a pinky promise. Pinky to pinky was something you two had done since that day under the bleachers. It had become something special to the two of you. Only used at serious times.
"And I promise to always love you."
She tightened her pinky around yours and smiled
"Always?" She asked with a brighter smile. You returned the smile before leaning over. Your lips found hers and you kissed her. It was a gentle kiss and when you pulled away you rested your forehead on yours. Her eyes were still closed but the two of you shared the same happy in love smile.
"Always." You answered,keeping your pinky on hers.