𝔈pilogue.

𝔅ombshell, epilogue

𝔅ombshell, epilogue

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

When Din returned to Sorgan a couple months later along with a twice broken Creed, a couple remnants from the forever-destroyed Razor Crest, a completely shattered heart, and a tear-stained face that shattered your own heart, you welcomed him with open, comforting arms.

Din, of course, was overwhelmed by an impassable guilt for leaving you a bit longer than originally expected. In fact, the first thing he'd done when you'd led him into the safety of your shared hut so he could remove his helmet, was apologize. But you'd quickly reassured him that there was nothing to apologize for, that he needed to set all that aside — there was nothing to worry about now.

Apparently, things had gotten pretty hectic during his mission. The Child—or, Grogu now—had been snatched away from Din and kidnapped by Moff Gideon. Which, after your own similar experience, left Din in an absolute wreck. If that Mandalorian—Boba Fett— and the elite mercenary—Fennec Shand—hadn't arrived earlier... the situation would've been plenty more worse than it already was. Thankfully, they'd offered help, and recruited a few other members to the crew, hell-bent on rescuing the Child from the Moff. And in order to salvage the poor baby from the Empire's malevolent hands... Din needed to break his Creed. Once he'd obtained Grogu again, the Jedi arrived and took him into his own hands for training. Which also resulted in Din breaking his Creed again—this time a bit more voluntarily—so he and his foundling could share one final moment together.

And, apparently he was king of Mandalore now... He even returned with one of those reversed... lightsabers? A darksaber? Whatever it was, he didn't so much as touch it once he set it down on a nearby table.

Everything about his little quest was very, very confusing to you.

Nevertheless, you set your own puzzlement aside and remained glued by his side. That night when he'd arrived and departed from the Slave I, he'd explained the entire story with tears brimming those brown eyes, and you couldn't help but pull him close to you, to your chest, and promised him that none of that mattered anymore—"What matters is that you're here, and you're alright. You completed your quest, and did what you had to do. We'll see Grogu again one day, we'll make sure of that."

Those consoling words were spoken in a hushed tone in an attempt not to wake the two-month-old baby sleeping tranquilly in his wooden crib a few feet away. Din had a released a pleased sigh now that he was in your arms after so long without you, drawing you in closer with his own strong arms and breathing you in. You couldn't help the tears threatening to fall from your eyes as well. You'd never seen Din so... vulnerable like this. He cared for that little green baby immensely, no doubt about that. And you were going to stay right by his side the whole time. After everything that occurred in the past, when he'd consoled you and promised to save Kuna before he was even born, when you'd pretty much given up on that chance, you knew you needed to be there for Din. Comfort him, and never release your hold on him ever again.