5: 𝔗reasured.

𝔅ombshell, five—treasured

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

As the rotations pass, each one nearer to the Crest's repairs to complete, you surprisingly found yourself visiting the Mandalorian at times. In your mind, you constantly repeated to yourself that you shouldn't do this — but did you listen?

No!

What a surprise.

Despite knowing full well when the time came for his departure it make it even more difficult on you, you couldn't bring yourself to stop your short visits to the ship's hangar. Instead, transporting food over to him yourself and taking that as an excuse to speak with him. Even if it were a simple five minute conversation, all you desired was to talk. And each time you retreated to the palace satisfied with a smile on your face.

But you had to prepare yourself for the heartbreak soon to follow. He was leaving the following day now. At least the two of you would part ways on good terms — unlike the previous occasion you'd rather forget about... So, as you agreed to, you were going to visit him. One last time. Though it wasn't going to be a quick chat before you left back to your quarters. You were actually going to enter the ship for the first time since you argued when he initially arrived at Rainoh.

Pulling your jacket tighter across your chest to conserve the warmth, you trekked through the snow-filled streets on your way to the landing bay. The many eyes trained on you didn't go unnoticed — the princess of Rainoh was bound to grab the attention of any bystanders nearby. But you were used to it and never regarded any of them, only having a certain Mandalorian on your mind. You were quite nervous and giddy altogether to see him; it was like when you first met. There was something nostalgic about it now that you thought of it.

Once reaching the familiar gunship, noting how it was in significantly greater condition than it was before, you raised your fist to knock a few times on the ramp. Hearing Din shuffling around from within, you took a step back just as the ramp slowly lowered, hissing along the way until it placed itself onto the snowy ground beneath it.

Your gaze met with the beskar-clad Mandalorian as he hooked a finger through his belt, familiarly shifting his weight to one leg. You swore he always seemed like he was posing — as if he were the galaxy's next top model or something. It's not like you minded anyway. Suits him damn well.

A smile appeared on your lips at the sight of him, your head tilting up to face him. "Came to visit as promised. Can I come in?"

When you nodded and granted permission to enter, you stepped upon the ramp and into the ship before Din closed it up behind you, shutting out the piercing Rainoh air.