4: ℜeminisced.

𝔅ombshell, four—reminisced

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Dinner was... tricky, to say the least.

Declros and the queen held the entirety of the conversations. Yes—neither you or Din uttered a single word, unless it were a greeting or someone asked a question. Which... there were questions. Plenty of them, especially for Din—and from Declros, specifically. You could tell by the way the crown-prince spoke that he wasn't too comfortable with the Mandalorian seated at the dining table. Still, he had asked the grand majority of the questions—questions you believed he already knew. Why haven't you eaten, Mandalorian? Is the food bad? Not your taste? You can't remove your helmet? How come? Really? You can't show your face to anyone? Not even to someone you love?

Din, of course, had tried his best to answer all of his questions... but he wasn't comfortable, either. You could easily tell—he sat stiffly in his chair, hardly moved a muscle, provided short responses. A sigh escaped your lips when you decided that was enough. Honestly, you were feeling terrible for dragging him into this even though he had decided for himself. Already finished with your plate, you dismissed yourself and the Mandalorian, explaining that the repairmen may have completed the repairs on the Razor Crest—an excuse to remove him from the situation.

Your mother—strangely enough—had offered him a room in the palace. In case the repairs weren't finished, then he were allowed to stay a while longer. Unease crept into your senses, and the suspicion that she were creating a plan within her mind had tripled. It was highly unlike her to offer hospitality to Din, of all people—and he, himself, recognized that. Thankfully, he politely denied. To be honest, you were beginning to think that she were trying to prove to him, somehow, that you belonged with Declros now. Speaking of him, he didn't seem too keen on the idea either and seemed relieved when Din hadn't accepted the offer. Bastards.

While you had left along with Din, your own excuse was that you required a few hours to rest after eating such a large meal. You had eaten a relatively large dish, after all, considering you hadn't eaten much that day and your baby must've been pretty hungry—you as well. Still, you had walked besides Din while he wandered down the corridor that led to the exit.

"Well... I'm sorry you had to experience that. Um... I don't know why you decided to come, to be honest. That was a bit awkward."

"It's fine," Din replied, both of you walking shoulder-to-shoulder. "I don't mind. I just... I wanted to see you for a while longer. Wanted to make sure things were actually okay."

"Which they're not... Not really."

He sighed. "I don't want you going through this."

You kept quiet. Footsteps were solely audible as you continued down the hallways towards the gates. Din had stolen a glance of you for a split second—you could see it from your peripheral vision—and noting your not-so-pleased expression, he sighed. He recognized there were unspoken words between the two of you. You both knew that. But if he hadn't wished for you to go through this... he should've returned sooner. Now was simply too late for him. You can't take him back if that's what be wants.