2: ℭompelled.

𝔅ombshell, two—compelled

𝔑ote—in this chapter, i took some creative liberties because w h y  n o t ? i don't have too much knowledge on comlinks, but i'm pretty sure they don't include holomessages? (if they do, i'm sorry, ig i didn't take any creative liberties then) i know they are used for contacting through voice, but i decided holomessages could be included, too. it might not make sense. comlinks are usually this... little object without a screen or anything, idk, but OH WELL. 

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

You are pregnant.

The phrase encircled your mind countless times, once, twice, thrice, over and over—you are pregnant, you are pregnant, you are pregnant. You struggled to comprehend such unanticipated news, something so foreign and unknown to you. You were going to have a baby. There was a baby. With everything happening in your life, there was now a baby involved in the situation. An unborn child was living, breathing, and growing quickly within your womb now. Were you even capable of raising an infant right now? Did you have the ability to carry, birth, and nurse a baby of your own? Doubts raided your mind, pressure weighing heavy on your chest, saltwater brimming your eyes. You were a crown princess with ten-thousand responsibilities surrendered to you. Someone who hardly possessed any experience with children whatsoever. How could you possibly have a baby? How could you nurture a child lacking the time, lacking the practical knowledge, lacking a father—

The- the father...

The father was Din, of course. Of course! Everything made perfect sense now, puzzle pieces connecting within your mind, everything finally explained. Every single symptom—loss of energy, reluctance to wake up, the nausea, missed menstrual cycles, it all added up. Although a fair amount of those symptoms were indications of excessive stress, the answers became painfully clear. The droid confirmed you were two months in your term. Two whole months. First trimester of the pregnancy. Yet the notion hadn't crossed your mind once. It probably never would've and who knows how long you possibly could've gone without ever realizing it.

You thought you had been safe...

Apparently not.

And now, now during the worst possible time of your life, you were with child. Now you had to find out. Nowthat the Mandalorian was out of the picture, you were going to have a baby by yourself, alone, without the support of a partner. Would Din have stayed if he knew you were pregnant? Maybe. Considering he had no clue what he was leaving behind, perhaps he would've persisted a while longer if he had obtained that sort of knowledge. Maybe you wouldn't be under these circumstances if a baby was brought into the scenario. Maybe. Those questions would forever remain unanswered, much to your dismay. Would he have wanted kids? The conversation never arose between you two. Perhaps that wasn't his desire and if you had told him, it wouldn't have altered anything. He wouldn't have changed his mind. Again, more questions left annoyingly unanswered.