6: ℭaptured.

𝔅ombshell, six—captured

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Something had gone awry when you didn't return to the Razor Crest.

"I'll be back in the evening, right before you leave."

Those were your exact words. Din could never forget the way you beamed at him precisely before exiting the ship — that captivating, gorgeous smile that softened him, made him long for the next chance he'd be able to see you again. Yet as the time passed, gentle evening light turning into a starry dark night, he couldn't help the concern creeping up into the back of his mind.

Perhaps the queen had prevented you to leave the palace. Maybe she found out about your little visits. Which led Din to step outside frequently, stealing a glance up towards your balcony in case you were there.

Nothing.

Not even once had you appeared. If the queen truly had compelled you to remain in the palace, you would've found a way to grab his attention from the balcony. So that was crossed off the list of worries he had. Another possibility could be that you had simply... changed your mind. Maybe you didn't want one final goodbye, make it less painful on the both of you. Or perhaps you just... didn't care anymore?

Whatever scenario that came to mind was much preferable than the largest fear he pondered over  — that something had occurred to you. Either on your way back to the palace, or heading back to the Crest, something terrible could've happened. But he had to shake the painful thoughts of his head, because it wasn't possible. Rainoh was littered with guards in every corner, especially after the rough history the planet held with murders. It would've been almost impossible for any harm to come to you. Still, the apprehension remained glued to his thoughts. If only he had at least walked you to the gates of the palace, he'd be as tormented with these anxieties as he was now. But with how preoccupied he was with the Child at that moment, the act hadn't even crossed his mind.

Unfortunately, he couldn't remain on Rainoh any longer. He had already extended his stay here by a couple hours, and with the ship's repairs complete he couldn't risk anyone suspecting the reason behind his lengthy visit. It would certainly bring unnecessary complications, and that was the last thing he needed. Not to mention he needed to continue his quest — search for the Jedi. Ahsoka Tano, as the supposed Mandalorian had mentioned back on Trask, located at the forest planet of Corvus. Complete his assigned task, leave the Child there, and... well, he wasn't exactly sure where he'd go afterwards. Bounty hunting, most likely. He always imagined he 'd return to you to spend some much-deserved time with you, but with everything that's happened... it was not longer possible. The fantasy had to be wiped from his mind completely.