3. He needs noone but her

Before starting comments are my main source of motivation. So don't forget to drop your comments.
.
.
.
.

**And even in the bustling crowd, I'd look only for you.**

The night of prologue

M A N I K

The thing I hated the most about parties were my gossipping relatives, especially those who pestered me to get married. The talk would begin from 'How old are you? Do you have anyone you like?' and it would mostly end with 'Shall I set you up with her?'. How bothersome.

Don't get me wrong I don't personally hate my relatives. I was just really tired standing in the middle of so many guests wearing a plastered smile on my face. This was a party to congratulate me for officially being appointed as the CEO of my late dad's company. So there wasn't much I could do except for faking a smile. In fact I really wanted to sneak out of the party with Nandini but I was at the spotlight tonight and there was no way I could sneak out.

"Hey there." A girl, whom I didn't know, approached me.

"Uhh hey." I tried to act causal, even though I could already feel myself getting annoyed. Socialising wasn't something I liked.

"You remember me, right?"

"I don't. Have we even met?" My brain refused to process her face. So I was almost sure I hadn't met her before.

"You really don't remember me. I don't think my face is that easily forgettable. Anyway let me reintroduce myself. I am Barsa." Her name didn't ring a bell in my brain.

"Sorry but I think you got the wrong person. I don't remember you."

"Umm I am Nandini's cousin. We bumped into each other just a few days ago when you came to pick up Nandini."

"Did I?" I wasn't sure because whenever I was with Nandini, I mostly remained totally unaware about my surrounding. "Well may be I did. I'll see you around." I said just to sound polite as I walked away from her on spotting Nandini enter the hall.

"Damn stupid! Why are you so late? Do you even know how bored I was without you?" I complained as I reached her.

"Someone missed me hah." She said with a playful grin and I wrapped my arms around her shoulder, side hugging her. "Of course I did. You are my source of entertainment after all."

She punched my arm. "Ow!" I yelped, rubbing my arms although it didn't hurt at all. "Stop hitting me. I am fragile."

"I seriously should have just stayed back home and let you rot in boredom." She hit me yet again and I pouted.

"You meanie. You are already here and you can't back down now."

"I am just going to stay for an hour and leave. I have work tomorrow. I can't stay up late."

"I too have work."

"You are the boss Manik. You can be late but I can't. And you know how strict my dad is with me when it comes to work."

"Fine." I pouted and she lightly pinched my cheeks. "Stop being so sulky and let's enjoy this hour."

"You didn't have to pinch my cheeks to say that."

"You-"

"Nandini?!" Right then a guy of about my age approached us.

"Um yes." Nandini turned to look at the guy.