1. Blind date

Thank you so much for giving this story a chance.

******

A day before the prologue

M A N I K

"Manik! Manik!!"

"Huh? So what were you saying?" I asked, not knowing what she was talking about. I was currently on a blind date set up by my dearest matchmaker mum and I wasn't at all interested. In fact more than the talks in my table, I was more interested in the talks of the table beside me.

"Let's fix our marriage date for next month." The guy, whose name I assume is, Eric said, looking at my best friend Nandini who was seated opposite to him. Geez! was marriage a child's play for him or what?

"Don't you think it's too rushed? We just met for the first time today." She said, putting on her best fake smile face. Huff why did she have to be so polite?

"Manik!!" My blind date, whose name I don't even remember, lightly banged on the table gaining my attention.

"Yeah so where were we?" I knew I sounded uninterested but what could I possibly do? I was really not interested in her.

"We haven't even started talking." She looked quite irritated with my behaviour.

"Oh, then why don't we get started? Tell me about yourself?" I said putting on a fake smile. She too put on a facade smile before rambling about herself. And trust me everything she said passed right out of my ears. My brain just refused to process her words and instead it focused on Nandini's talks.

"Do you think marriage is like a grocery shopping? You see it, you like it and you buy it." Nandini said, irritated. Now, that's my girl.

I let out a chuckle at her lines which probably caught her attention. She looked at me and raised her head slightly asking 'What'.

"Bored." I mouthed.

"Manik!" My date's voice made me look at her.

"Yes." I replied back in an innocent voice. Right then my phone buzzed with Nandini's message.

Stupid:
'Let's get out.'

"You are acting as though I am invisible." My date said, irritated.

"Ah, that's not my intention though. By the way you have something on your face." I said, just to buy time so that I could text Nandini back.

"Really." She shuffled through her bag, probably to find her pocket mirror.

'If we get out just like that my mum's gonna be furious. I can't deal with her anger.'

Stupid:
'I can't either. But I am seriously bored.'

I looked at Nandini. Her date had been continuously blabbering about why marrying to him was important.

'How about we play a game?'

Stupid:
'What game can we play in this situation?'

'Let's see who among us irritates and makes their date leave first.'

I looked at Nandini and she looked at me, both of us smiling mischievously.

Stupid:
Fine. Like usual the one who loses will grant a wish of the winner.