Chapter 8.Time of Death

As soon as I exited from the school, all of the parents were waiting outside worried for their children. I understand them, I would too if I had a child. 

I looked up and saw Lydia come up to me ready to give me some hug but I purposely dodged her trying to rub my arm from the uncomfortableness. 

''Hey Aria, You alright?'' even though she sensed something was not okay, she still hugged me tightly. I acted as nothing happeed and slowly untangled myself from her grip. ''You knew. Did you?'' I asked her with a whisper. 

She looked at me trying to hide the guit she felt. I sightly laughed with sarcasm knowing the answer. ''Lydia!'' I looked back and saw her mom ''Mom!'' Lydia left me standing there as she ran towards her mother. 

Suddenly I felt jealousy.. I felt the sadness grow up inside me as I kept my pace towards my motorbike and went straight home. 

Uncle Chris was there waiting for me. As soon as I got in, I was welcomed by a big hug. I didn't react to it infact I nearly dodged it. 

''I.. I need to clean myself up..'' I slightly said as I recieved a light head nod from Chris. I looked up and saw him furrowing his eyebrows. I took out the piece of paper out of my pocket and handed it to him. He examined it and I saw him get uncomfortable. ''I guess you want to know everything.'' He exclaimed folding the paper carefully.

I nodded and slowly walked pass him.

I undressed myself and walked into the bathroom. The shower was warm and calming as I felt all the dirt coming off of me. The blood which was covering me was now getting drained as I carefully scrubbed it off. It's not the first time that I had to wash off blood of someone else from my body. But this time it was frustrating. Every move I did made me feel fragile and weak, like I could break down in any moment.

Once I was done showering I dressed myself and went straight to the kitchen where Uncle Chris was sitting at the table with a coffee within his hands. 

-----

''This.. This is the Argent beastiary. But in this book there is something else. There are the family tree of the Hunters. Argent, Calaveras and Phoenix'' He said sitting on his desk and I took sit in front of him. ''Take a look at it..'' He handed me the book as I took a glance on the family tree of the Phoenix. 

My name was written with a beautiful and careful handwriting. It was next to Jake's name. ''Aria Maribella Phoenix'' That name was a music into my parents ears from what they told me. It's like a goddess' name.

I flipped the page to the Argents and saw my name too.. but it was different. ''Aria Katerina Argent'' and underneath the handwriting there is a phrase. Adopted by the Phoenix. Reading the last part was enough to make my tears spill out. I looked up and met the eyes of Chris looking down at me with sympathy and hurt ''I know you are confused and angry but Let me tell you the story.'' 

--------------------

It was a cold winter night when Kate Argent decided to go out for a run into the woods. She was young and innocent by then, free from problems and carefree. She was a daughter of a successful man and woman with a loving big brother ready to protect her but not enough to protect her from the fate. It is written on their hunters law that every hunters daughter and son need to be trained at 18. Men are the soldiers and Women are the leader. 

Kate Argent always knew that she was ready for htis type of responsibility but it is hard for her not to love. Specially when the person you love is the person you need to avoid.