Cuts and Reflections: Part One

Henry was sitting on the cot again, and Sammy on the stool. He was still shaking, and he couldn't get the gruesome image of the twisted Bendy out of his head.

   Sammy noticed, but he didn't want to push him for answers yet. The wounds had started to clot up finally, so they weren't bleeding as severely. They looked like they hurt though. He had the bandages on a different stool, along with the gauze wrap.

    This time, Sammy has the peroxide in clear view. Henry eyes it. Then he looks at Sammy.

     "Absolutely fucking not Lawrence." He forced out, still shaken.

      "Henry come on.  They might need stitches, and they need to be cleaned out. If the ink gets into them...I don't want to know what'll happen."

       Henry nods his head no, looking like a kid that's been reprimanded.

     "Do you want to tell me what happened?" Sammy asked quietly.

     Henry drew in a shaky breath, then another. "Yeah. I'll try." But he still keeps his freshly wounded arm pulled in close to his chest.

     "I dozed off I guess? After you wrapped this arm." He nodded his head towards his right arm. Sammy nodded in agreement.

     "More like full on passed out." Sammy said, which earned him a small grin that quickly vanished as Henry continued.

      "The only reason I woke up was because it felt like I hit the floor. But, I didn't. I wasn't even here anymore Sam. There was a.....thing there. It looked like Bendy, but wrong. Like something awful happened to him. That's what did this."

       He lifted up the unwrapped arm, and sucked in a harsh breath as he did so. He held it out to Sammy. He stiffened when Sammy reached out for it.

       "Don't touch it. Just look at it please." His hand was shaking.

       "Okay. But it has to be done eventually, Hen. Also, that thing you saw? That was Bendy."

        He reached out and grabbed Henry's arm, then gently set it down on his knee. He was about to let go of his hand when he saw the look on his friends face. It was an awful mix of horror and confusion.

        "Bendy? But...that was different Sam. It-it didn't look like him." Sammy's hand tightened around his.

       "I know. But it was." He tried to put on a lighter tone. "How about we talk about something different? Then we'll deal with the cuts, alright?"

        "Alright." Henry responded bluntly, not looking forward to the peroxide. The first time had been bad enough, but now he had to suffer through it five more times. He lets go of Sammy's hand, and pulls his arm back off of Sammy's lap.

        "Ask me some questions. I know you're curious Hen, you have that look on your face."

        "What look?" In response, Sammy sighed. "Okay okay fine. Uh, how did your hands get all...ew."

         "What these?" Sammy held up his hands and wiggled his fingers towards Henry threateningly. When Henry just rolled his eyes, Sammy dropped his hands.

          "Killjoy." Sammy mocked Henry's words from earlier. "I'm actually not sure. They've just been like that. Any other clever questions you can think of right now?"

          "No." In all actuality, Henry was a little eager to get the cuts taken care of, they were starting to sting and throb in time with his heart, and that was a little concerning. "Can we take care of the cuts now? They really hurt."