Memories and Regrets

"How 'bout this Al, who ever finds the bandages first gets to draw something on the other person?"

"Alright, Lawrence. But you better not cheat." The bet was on. After a few minutes of silent searching however, Alice finally gave a triumphant grin.

"Guess who won!" She felt a bolt of happiness, something she hadn't felt in a long time. Too long.

"I think you're the one who cheated. You do know the place after all, Angel."

"Oh Lawrence don't be daft. An angel has no reason to cheat." She smirked, that was a bold lie.

"Hmmm, did you just lie? Maybe the horns aren't just for show." Sammy walked over and plucked the bandages out of her hands.

"What are you doing? I'm gonna take care of the cuts Sammy, I thought we went over this." She rolled her good eye.

"I," He started to walk away. "Am going to take these. You can't be the winner if I'm holdin' em, can you? And, since I feel like you lied, lets place another bet, shall we? A little game of find the item? If you find em, you win. If you don't, I win. Got it?"

"Sammy. Give me the bandages." She couldn't help the grin sneaking onto her face.

"Only if you agree. Same reward as before."

She walked towards him. He ran. She followed.

"So help me Lawrence, I will fill all of your instruments with ink I swear!" She bolted after him, a smile resting on her face. It felt good to be carefree for a little while.

Sammy was at the door now, hand resting on the doorknob.

"I can have someone break this tie..."

"You wouldn't." She slowed her pace, now walking.

"Yes I would." He opened the door.

"Fine. I accept the new terms. You better hide them quickly."
He bolted through the door.

She didn't. Alice knew where other bandages were stored if those got ruined. So instead of falling for Sammy's bait, she looked for weapons. It was a shame she had to dispose of them now.

Sammy didn't take notice of Alice's stay in the other room. He knew she was likely plotting something.

He walked over to the couch that Henry was laying on, and shook his shoulder, relieved when no ink-stained imprint was left behind.

"What..."

"Hi, sorry to wake you but I have a bet to win. Can you hide these for me?" Sammy held out the bandages, and Henry sat up, a confused look on his face.

"Why do you want me to hide the...bandages?" He whispered, as if hiding them was a crime.

"Because I might have made a bet with Alice." He whispered back. Well, it may as well be a crime then.

"What kind of bet?" Henry was wide awake now, and that was another reason for Sammy to win. If Alice won, it wouldn't take too much convincing for the animator to join in on the loser's fate. Not on the receiving end, of course.

"One that involves drawings and humiliation. So? Please?"

"Sure Sam." He stuffed the bandages into the couch cushions and covered them with a pillow.

"Really? That's where..." He was cut off with a look. "Fiiine. I'll stand some- where else. It might look a little bit less suspicious. Can you go get Al?"