An Angel's Embrace

Sammy hadn't expected her to actually show herself, at least not this soon.

"Sam?" The angel's gaze shot over to the other man, and his voice dropped to a whisper. "What does she mean by last time?"

"I'll tell you later." Sammy didn't even bother to lower his voice, and instead stared at the malformed angel. The last time... He'd tried to block it out of this mind, but the painful interaction had stuck with him. Later.

"Awww, what's the matter Sammy? You don't feel glad to see me? What about your 'new' friend?" She placed her hand on the glass, and Henry gasped as he saw her face, a melting mess of lost beauty. Her left eye socket was empty, and slashes covered that side of her face.

The Angel smiled, the melted side of here face stretching gruesomely. "Hello. You're a new one aren't you Henry? Oh, don't look so surprised, I hear every- thing that's said in my domain."

"Al, can you drop the act? I already told him who are." Sammy grinned, this would be funny.

"Seriously?! You can't let me have a little bit of fun? He's the first new thing that I've seen around here in ages. You have always tried to upstage me Lawrence, and I can never introduce myself-"

As Alice droned on, Sammy tapped Henry's shoulder. "Let's go on through the door, or else we'll be stuck here for a other century."

"-you never bring me any gifts, or news, or new weapons-"

Henry grinned, he wasn't expecting the Angel to be this, well, human. Based on Sammy's description she'd sounded like a monster, but now it was clear she had been defending herself from further hurt.

He walked through the other door, eager to meet the angel in person. Sammy let him.

As soon as he walked through the door, Alice berated him with questions.

"Can you believe him? I wanted to do this big over the top introduction, because I am an actress and he won't let me. Besides that, how long have you been here? Sammy never tells me anything."

Sammy scoffed at this, Henry just felt a little overwhelmed.

"He also never leaves that dark pigsty he calls the Music Department."

"It isn't that bad...Alice. Honestly." Henry replied, holding his hands up in surrender. The cuts had started to bleed again, and some of the stitches had come undone under the bandages.

Alice heard the hesitation before her name, but decided to let it slide. He was new here after all.

"What happened to your arms?" She carefully grabbed Henry's hands, not noticing the way he flinches in her grip.

"An accident?"

"Don't 'an accident' me Stein, this Angel knows a lie when she hears one. It's obvious something else happened. The bandages are covered in...not ink?" It's a bright red substance, a harsh contrast to the tones around it. "It's blood, right? You don't bleed ink?"

"You...do? Bleed ink I mean. And last I checked I don't."

Sammy was silently watching, curious as to which direction Alice would take the conversation.

"Yes. All things in the Studio bleed ink. Have you died yet?" She was genuinely curious, this was also a new thing.

"Uh. Y-yeah. Recently actually. It," he took a shuddering breath, "it wasn't fun."

"Hm. That's strange." She turned his arm over in her hands, looking as though she was searching for something. "You're right though. No ink anywhere." She let go.