End of Internships

The bright moonlight lit up the street as Bakugo and Yaoyorozu followed Edgeshot back to his agency. The entire day they had been taken out expecting to go on a normal patrol, but instead were taken to the coastline and made to sit in meditation. They were told to sit down overlooking the sea, to clear their minds and focus on themselves; Their strengths, their flaws, and what they wanted to improve on. For hours they were ordered to sit in silence, to go over their training and how to improve personally.

Momo had taken this time to go over her loss to Bakugo, her hesitation before leading to her defeat. She then reflected on how far she had come under Edgeshot's teachings and to what she could become if she kept to his lessons. She looked to her right at Bakugo, half expecting to have heard him complain non stop to what he would call a boring lesson. To her surprise once they started, not one word was heard from the ash blonde teen. He sat silent like her, contemplating something deep inside his mind.

Edgeshot opened the door and let the two teens into his building. "I am glad you both took advantage of your meditation today. I hope you found something to set your mind to and work towards that." he said with enthusiasm.

Momo gave a small nod. "Yes sir. I hope to increase the variability of my quirk in terms of combat."

Bakugo gave a scoff, earning a glare from the girl next to him. Edgeshot raised his eyebrow at the exploding teen. "You have been especially quiet this afternoon Bakugo. Anything to share?"

"I'm good." Bakugo huffed out.

Sighing at whatever progress he made, Edgeshot nodded to the pair. "Get some rest. We will continue tomorrow."

After the ninja hero walked away, Momo crossed her arms and glared at the teen next to her. "You find something funny about what I said?"

"What's it to you, Ponytail?" Bakugo grunted and walked away, only making Momo more confused.

"You are always the first to say something to anyone, yet now you are being quiet. What did you sit and think about?"

Looking up to the ceiling, Bakugo went over his thoughts from the day over and over, now certain to what he was going to do. "I am going to finally show that damn school why I am going to be number one."

"What?" Momo's mouth dropped in shock from his statement. "Number one? Is that all you thought about?"

"What else would I be thinking of?" Bakugo growled and walked over to a nearby couch and sat down. "I played those matches I lost in my head over and over. Now I know what to do against icy hot and Deku."

Momo couldn't believe it. The entire time they were supposed to be meditating, Bakugo was actually thinking back to his losses during school and studying the strategies of his opponents. One of them in particular caught her attention. "You are going to try and fight Midoriya again, aren't you?" She questioned.

"Hell yes I'm going to. That damn loser is not going to get a victory like that over me again. Now that I know how much damage he can take, I know how to outlast next time."

Now Momo was the one getting angry, clenching her fists in frustration. "What is your deal with Midoriya? Why do you hate him so much?"

"Huh?" Bakugo looked up annoyingly to the girl glaring at him, only making him snicker. "Why the hell are you butting in? It doesn't concern you."

"Yes it does, because he is a great person and a good friend of mine. All he does is compliment and show support for everyone, and all you do is insult him. So what is your problem with him?"

Bakugo gritted his teeth at the girl, remembering how he had been noticing she was hanging out with Midoriya more recently. 'The hell, does she actually like that loser?' he thought, shaking his head of the thought before looking back down. "All that time in school growing up, he seemed to be a quirkless nobody that couldn't accept the fact of who he was. Then suddenly, he has a power that is insane. I won't sit by and let him surpass me anytime soon!"