The Sports Festival Begins

Today was the day.

The students of 1-A all sat in their waiting room wearing the UA tracksuits for the festival to finally start. Many sat anxiously as their nerves tried to overcome their bodies. Others in the class couldn't wait to finally get out their and show what they could do. And a few seemed not to care either way whatsoever. From the girls table, Katara sat back in her chair and took another drink of water as she looked around the others around her.

Uraraka shifted back and forth in her chair in anxiety, while Mina kicked back with her feet on the table not worried in the least. Tsu was hard to get a read off of along with Toru, obviously from the lack of being able to see her expression. Jiro seemed calm as she slouched in her seat listening to music, but the final was somewhat of a mystery. She seemed calm most of the time, but as her eyes looked around the room to the other students she would suddenly flush red and look back down to her hands.

"Hey, you nervous about competing with the others today?" Katara asked her, surprised when she earned a glare back from Momo.

"It's not all of them I am nervous about." Momo growled out.

Confused, Katara looked through the crowd of other students. She didn't have to look long however when she saw Midoriya a deep red as well. "Ah... I see." Katara sighed out.

Since the day at the beach (more so the waterbending ball) Momo and Izuku had barely spoken a word to one another. Even a simple act as passing by their desks earned a blush that was impossible to hide. Katara noticed Tokoyami staring down to the sweating Midoriya, the shadow user shaking his head in annoyance to the state his friend was in. She then glanced over to Mina who simply gave a shrug. The waterbender scratched her head in guilt, thinking she may have made a situation worse out of what she thought was humor.

'Maybe that joke wasn't such a good idea.' Katara mentally scolded herself.

"Katara."

Hearing her name called, she turned around and felt the hairs on her neck stand up when she saw Todoroki walking her way. Frowning internally, she spun in her seat so that she was facing him. "Yes? What is it?"

Usually his face lacked most emotions for anyone to get a read on. Today however, there was a stern, almost hungry look in his eyes. It was the look of anyone who knew anything about competition, the look of someone who was going to win at any cost.

"It appears today we will finally see who is going to be victor." Shoto sternly declared to her, earning a mix of shocked looks from the other students in the room. Katara didn't break her gaze as she nodded.

"Yes, it appears so," Katara sighed back towards him. "You've been waiting for this since the mock battles."

"I have been waiting since the first day of school." He coldly responded. His hands curled into loose fists as he remembered once again the first time he saw her, and the image on his computer. "It has been long enough for us waiting."

"Uh, where did this come from?" Sero chuckled out loud from his seat.

"A declaration of war?" Mina smirked and clapped her hands together, "Sweet. Every group of friends needs a rivalry."

As the students started chatting in amusement and confusion to this sudden call out, Bakugo felt his blood boil from the sight. 'What the fuck? He's calling her out? What the hell is so special about her?'

Tenya also watched in confusion from what was going on, but then he remembered how Katara mentioned she felt tension from Todoroki in the first week of school. Now it appeared her thoughts were correct. He must have seen her as a rival in some sort and was determined to beat her today. He knew that... because he was feeling the same thing inside of his chest. He clenched his fists as Todoroki continued.