Getting Votes

Sitting alone in his room, bakugo sulked on his bed thinking over what had gone over the day. First, he had somehow lost to Deku. How in the hell did that happen? When did that useless twerp surpass him in the last year? He could not believe it even though it happened. Even after school, that stupid water girl had to get in his face again defending Deku. She didn't even know him, and yet she's acting all like they are best buddies. It made him want to puke.

If that weren't all enough and could finally get away from it all, he was followed. Midoriya chased him down and had the nerve to try and make him feel better after school. All it did though was rub salt in the wound.

"Damn it, Deku..." katsuki cursed between his teeth, "... when did you suddenly change, you little bastard? Then you try and make me feel better about-

He paused when he remembered what Midoriya said to him outside the school. Something about... a borrowed power. What did he mean by that? And it just so happened that this all changed after that incident with All Might the year before. In fact, it just so happened that Everything changed in the last year. All might suddenly coming to UA, Midoriya suddenly getting a quirk after they were saved by All Might. There was no way this was just a coincidence... was it?

"Grr.... Damn it!" bakugo growled and sat up. He was too upset to think about it anymore. He needed to blow off some steam. He stomped over to the barbell weights in the corner and slipped on thirty pounds to each side. "I'm not letting that little bastard stay ahead of me!"

He grunted and lifted it up, pumping out curls as fast as he could. "just you wait Deku! I'll kick your ass next time!"

He kept going even as his arms burned. "Ahhh! DIE YOU PUNY WEIGHTS!"

The pounding on his door almost broke his focus. "Katsuki! Shut up in there and keep it down!"

"SHUT UP MOM, I'M WORKING OUT!" he shot back.

"THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME!?" she shouted back through the closed door, "Either keep it down or do it outside!"

"JUST SHUT UP YOU OLD HAG! THIS IS MY ROOM, I CAN DO WHAT I-

The door being kicked down cut his words off, and he nearly dropped the weight on his feet when he saw the burning red eyes of his mother enter his room. "You wanna say that to me now, you little shit!?"

Katsuki bared his teeth and shot back. "What the hell!? You broke my door!"

"I don't care, its coming out of your allowance!"

"you were the one who broke the damn thing!"

"Uhh... honey..." katsuki's father Masaru poked his head around the corner, "... you should keep it down and not-

"Shut up, babe! He isn't listening!"

"Yeah, shut up, Dad! Stay out of my room!"

"Hey, don't talk to your father that way!"

"You do all the time, so I can too!"

Masaru just sat and watched as the other two family members turned back on each other in the next moment. He scratched the side of his head and sighed. "Do other families do this stuff? Why couldn't he just be calm like his old friend Midoriya?"

___________________________________________________________

"Achoo!"

Midoriya rubbed his nose from the sudden sneeze that came over him. Shaking his head, he rubbed his forearm in its cast and was glad to see it wasn't bothering him as much. He pulled it out of the sling and stretched his joints, wincing from the sting but happy it was mobile.